Ratings for Dr. Lylia M. Fahmy

I was concerned when the woman drawing blood only wore one glove, but touched my arm with both hands. This shows an obvious lack of concern for safety for herself AND patients. Then I was called a few weeks later with normal test result. Then about 3 weeks later the nurse called me and told me I tested positive for something, which seemed to be an impossibility to me. Then the Dr. called and told me that she didn't know exactly what form of the disease I tested positive for and if I really felt concerned about it (who wouldn't?!?) that I could be retested in a year or a year and a half. This whole time acting as if it's wasn't a big deal. Also, during the conversation she brought up the possibility of my husband cheating which started an argument between me and my husband, who went to see his own Dr. the next day who told him that they were shocked she would even have me tested for that for no reason because of the extremely high rate of false positives. It's a test that's normally reserved for people that have signs of having the disease. Bottom line, they staff there used a HIGHLY unreliable test on me that most Dr.'s won't use, also read me back the results incorrectly by telling it showed I had something that the test can't even specifically diagnose, overstepped their bounds by suggesting infidelity, and then were unconcerned or uncaring by just telling me to wait over a year to find out things for sure. In my 14 years of going to an OB, this is the only time I've had a horrible experience at one.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

She isn't very considerate of her patient's time, always arriving late with no explanation. I wasn't confident in her knowledge. She seems ok for basic stuff but beyond that she seemed to struggle

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

She always is late for appointments without an explanation. She seems fine for basic care but I wasn't confident for issues more than a yeast infection. She's nice but not confidence inspiring

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I saw Dr Fahmy for my second pregnancy and I was very happy with my experience. She took great care of us, always answered my questions and made me feel comfortable. I found her to be very knowledgable and she always took the time to explain things every step of the way. I had an awesome labor experience. Her staff are always polite and helpful. Recommend her to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I went through a precancerous scare and Dr. Fahmy was wonderful with me and my family. Her staff is awesome her Nurse has the best smile in the world! Love this place!!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

She's been my ob since I was 14 and waa having problems, she was the doctor with my first pregnancy 5 years ago and is now my second pregnancy doctor also. She is always very friendly, takes her time to explain things and is very caring. She came into the hospital on her day off to see my son when he was born!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

When I had several concerns and problems over my heavy menstrel problems she was the one who did my hysterectomy and did a good job making sure it was done right. She cared about what I was feeling and help me to understand that it was what was best for me. She is a kind and understanding doctor. Would recommend her to anyone. Also a great OB.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

i love the dr. i came to her with fertility issues and she has been very kind and explains everything with great detail so i understand. she dont rush me out like so many other dr and takes her time. im not prego yet but am confident she will assist me till i am!!!!! thanks

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr Fahmy was very helpful and I found her to be very knowledgeable. She addressed all my concerns and was very nice. Her staff were very curtious as well. I would recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

not very smart is not caring of her patients

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011