Ratings for Dr. Robert G. Byerly

My mother has been with Dr Byerly for 3+ yrs. Thank goodness I care for her now. I have taken her to see him several times in the last yr. I feel he is partially responsible for her suicide attempt by prescribing her medication without paying attention to her needs and just gave her what she asked for, so he could get on with his day. Once I came into her life and started taking her to see him. I noticed that he does not take responsibility in his patients needs, and has passed her care on to another physicians. I'm happy to say that I will NEVER take my mother back to him. I personally think he should not be practicing medicine in ANY field, including veterinary. Don't even get me started on that **** that handles his front desk.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr Byerly, and his partner Dr Kelly are the worst! He does not spend any time with patients in the hospital, less than 30 seconds! Bad beside manner might be excused if his skills were outstanding..but they are not!! He should retire and/or get out of the medical field.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

As a nurse who worked "with" this physician, he is incompetent in pulmonary care (I watched him give a mechanically ventilated patient in the ICU a pneumothorax with inappropriate vent setting changes). He has complete disregard for the nurses caring for his patients and fails to be a patient advocate. This physician should not be "practicing" medicine!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2006

Dr. Robert G. Byerly's Credentials

• Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201 (Grad. 1976)