You may also like

Rate Dr. Joseph E. Grodman

Dr. Joseph E. Grodman's Ratings

Like many others I had a negative experience with Dr. Grodman. As noted, he does have a very aggressive approach and does overwhelm you with excessive flattery and "rah rah" speeches. However, there is very little therapy occurring during this time. If you are down, Dr. Grodman can help you stand up, but more like a friend should.

From a professional standpoint, Dr. Grodman would take phone calls during our appointments and be distracted by his phone. He would also tell me long stories about his friends and other patients. I found some comfort hearing stories in the beginning when I was clinging to anything to make me feel better, but in the end they did nothing to progress me further. In the end, Dr. Grodman helped me feel a bit better, but did very little to aid my long term growth. I stopped seeing him and found a more professional therapist. He seems like a good person, but he's not a good therapist. I highly recommend that anyone with serious problems not see him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2868479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

My child started working with Dr. Grodman as a young adolescent, as we knew he had issues with his mental health.
Although Dr. Grodman seems skilled at guiding people through tough spots in their lives, he does not seem to recognize or know how to deal with true mental illness. My child and our entire family continues to suffer years later from the notions that Dr. Grodman put in my challenged child's head. Dr. Grodman did several things that were unconscionable in addition to several that were downright illegal and specific cause to lose his license.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2823414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Grodman has been my Therapist for over 10 years. Through that time, he has helped me navigate through a divorce, marriage, raising kids, juggling a full time job, complicated family issues and the highs and lows of maintaining friendships. He has been a positive influence on my life and has helped me see life situations through a healthy lens. Because of him, I can definitely say I am a better person. One who is happy, healthy, forgiving and one who loves myself. I would recommend him 10 times over. He is always focused 100% on our conversation at hand and I have always walked out of our sessions with clarity and a happy heart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Thank to Dr. Grodman. He saved my life and with therapy I began to get my life back. He listen and considerate at all times my truma. If you do not believe in mind altering drugs. I highly recomend him for his therapeutic psychosis therapy. I highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I am back to being ME, and I owe it to Dr Grodman!
I started seeing Dr Grodman about 1 and a half years ago to address depression, anxiety and grief related to a broken relationship and a difficult childhood.
I didn’t want to be on medication. I wanted to talk about what caused me to be where I was and get it out of my system.
Dr Grodman’s encouraging, uplifting and positive therapy style got me out of my dark state and back to being me again. A new, stronger version of me.
I am so thankful for Dr Grodman. I also love his therapy style: he listens AND shares his perspectives. He uplifts you, but he will also be real and honest with you.
He’s extremely devoted to what he does and you can tell he loves his job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

I had a very negative experience with Dr. Grodman as I was coming of age. Dr. Grodman often gets wrapped up in his own stories and worked very little with me on actual "therapy". Dr. Grodman would constantly say "he could tell me anything" and had no respect for boundaries. Through his excessive flattery he made me feel "good" but did not address my issues. The longer I saw him the less he paid attention to me during sessions, and at a certain point he began taking phone calls during my session on a regular basis. It took a lot of courage to finally tell him I needed another doctor when he continually told me "he could change" after years of repeated incompetence. As a final note, he was never on time, even when I was his first patient.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][279968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Grodman by a friend to whom I will be eternally grateful. I started therapy with a lot of self-esteem issues, and worked through them thanks to the great care Dr. Grodman showed. I am a much happier person today!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Grodman by a woman I really did not know well. Her excitement about a friend of hers under Dr. Grodman's care was so persuasive; I called and began seeing Dr. Grodman. It has been eight years now and I would recommend this honest, outstanding professional to everyone who wants to get well or get through difficult times. His attention to his individual patient's health care and needs exceeds the good Doctors. If all doctors cared about their patients as Dr. Grodman does the world would be a better place. Thank you Dr. Grodman, you gave me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Dr. G has always been helpfull and caring throughout the past ten years. Has helped me through some really tough times

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr. Grodman is an excellent doctor that has helped me through a very difficult and trying period in my life, from a divorce through a hospitalization where I almost died. His insight into my situations has helped me overcome many adversities. I would recommend Dr. Grodman without reservation. He shows a true concern for me and I truly appreciate this quality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][279964].votes_count ]]