Ratings for Dr. Orsolya M. Pogany

Switched to this doctor after my pediatrician retired. She is very curt and abrupt. It does not seem like she has any compassion and she rushed my son and I out of the office. I was not confidant that she even examined him accurately. Very unfortunate.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I love Dr. Pogany. She has been great with my son, and great with me as a first time mom. HOWEVER I cannot stand her partner/sub Dr. Lucciola (spelling?). She misdiagnosed my son, wanted to put him on a medication that we have familial issues with (including death) refused alternative medication that would have helped (if her diagnosis was correct). I saw Dr. Pogany 10 days later (as soon as she returned), and found nothing wrong. This same appointment, she told me that it was my fault for him not speaking yet. I asked the staff not to let my son be treated by her, but today while I was at work he had to go in with my mother-in-law and they didn't tell her it wasn't going to be Dr. Pogany. My son had a fever for over 24 hours, with leg tremors (we were fearing seizures), and she said just keep him hydrated and soft foods???!!!?? Are you serious?! No testing (except rapid strep), no mention of tremors. I have NO USE for her sub doctor. Please, if you see Pogany - which you should - she is really great, and such a kind and caring person; please don't see her sub doctor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I love love this Doctor she was wonderful to my kids and most important she knows what she is doing , when I need her she always there for us , she helped my two kids I'm highly recommend her she is very good Doctor with a long experience , she knows what she is doing !!! And staff front desk and nurses very very nice too and helpful ! For us she is the best doctor !

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I have two children that were patients of Dr. Pogany's since they were born and they are now in college. Throughout the years Dr. Pogany and her staff were always incredibly wonderful to my husband and myself but most importantly our children. Both of my children had unique medical conditions and Dr. Pogany was very helpful. One time we had a particularly difficult time with a specialist and Dr. Pogany stepped in and worked with us to get another doctor to care for our child. The only thing that was mildly annoying was that there were occasions that we waited a bit of time. However, she always took time to answer all of our questions and given that I expect that she did that as a general rule with all of her patients I can understand that, particularly when a doctor is dealing with sick children and the parents of sick children, getting off schedule is not unexpected.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr is an uncaring individual without an ounce of compassion. My granddaughter became ill while her and her parents were relocated to my home in Cranford during recent Hurricane Sandy. After calling their regular doctors at the Summit Medical Group they were told all of their offices were without power so Dr Pogany was contacted for an appointment for the sick child. Her office staff told us that there were several openings but they were saving open appointments in case they were needed for their "regular" patients. My daughter explained that her regular Dr was without power and she needed help for her child. After the staff checked with the Dr they came back on phone to say find someone else because the Dr would not see her even though they had open appointments. If this Dr would no take the time to see a sick child then she does not deserve and business, it is obvious she lacks any compassion.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

At birth, my son was diagnosed with a mild heart murmur. When he was 2 1/2 he had a very high fever so I brought him to Dr. Pogany. While examining him, Dr. Pogany discovered another very faint murmur. Due to the fever his heart beat harder, causing the mumur to be heard. She told me that worried her and recommended a Pediatric Cardiologist, the best in our area. He listened to his heart and found 1 murmur. He did an ECG on my son and found a very large hole in his heart. The cardiologist recommend a Dr. in NYC. Dr. Pogany told us if we weren't comfortable with open heart surgery, Boston's children's had a less invasive procedure. Sent a copy of the ECG to Boston. They reviewed it and called to say that the hole was too big to use the plug. They then went on to say that the Dr. my son's Cardiologist recommended was ranked #1 Pediatric Heart Surgeon in the World. Dr. Pogany not only heard a very faint murmur, she also was instrumental in the path to the best of the best.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Did not have a pleasant experience and will not be returning. Dr. Pogany rushed me out of the office and I did not feel like she even spent enough time examining my daughter.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

Dr.Pogany and her staff are AWESOME! My daughters have been patients there for over 20 yrs. I wouldnt trust them in anyone elses hands (Except for Dr. Silverstein who wokes with Dr. Pogany- She's awesome too). She is a rare find in these times of quick in and quick out. She is thorough, takes her time and an exceptional diagnostician.She is whatone might call your Good Old fashioned dr. Her staff is also caring and loving. Always helpful and usually get your child seen in the same day. I wish I could see Dr. Pogany(or Dr. Silverstein), but unfortunatly she sees only pediatric population.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Dr. Pogany was my pediatrician (I am now an adult). She was so wonderful, caring and gentle. When I was in the hospital, she visited me and kept checking on me! She is a very warm and kind doctor!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I have three children as well and can not say enough good about Dr. Pogany and her staff. She came highly recommended to me after the initial pediatrician I was using, (Dr. Dolce Samonte), was never the doctor who saw my children! It was usually one of her covering doctors who spoke broken English and I could never understand. Dr Pogany is EXTREMELY thorough and spends time listening to your concerns and explaining any treatments. The nurses are wonderful and when I call for an appointment, the staff know me by name. On the few occasions where I had to wait, I didn't mind because I was either squeezed in because of an emergency or if it was my actual appointment time, I knew I was not going to get rushed out. She is a great doctor !

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009