Ratings for Dr. Anthony R. Pivarunas

He is a fantastic doctor. Extremely caring, knowledgeable and skilled. He delivered both of my children (both via c-section, the first unplanned) and I always felt completely confident that we were receiving the very best level of care. Cannot recommend this practice enough. I was a patient at another larger ob-gyn practice prior to this one. The personal attention patients receive with Dr P and his staff is above and beyond anything I experienced before. They are the best!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Love this doctor and his staff! He has hired on Dr Obst as well with this practice and she is just as great as he is! Would recommend to anyone having infertility issues, having a baby or just needing an obgyn. I 100% trust this practice ! They also know you by name and treat you like family!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr is the best doc I have been to he is very patient and understanding .

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Pivarunas has been my ob/gyn for 18+ years. He delivered both of my girls and treated me when I suffered 3 miscarriages. He is wonderful, kind and patient; always willing to take as much time as I need to answer all of my questions. My first miscarriage was further along, and he cried along with me as I mourned the loss of my baby and also at the birth of my second daughter when I had to have a last minute C-section due to a complication! He's truly such a caring, knowledgeable doctor, and a wonderful human being and I wouldn't want anyone else for my gynecologist! He's the best!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr. Pivarunas was recommended to me when I found out I was pregnant with my second (my first was born out of state). He was amazing! I had a very easy pregnancy, but him and his staff made it that much better. Unfortunately, he was out of town the day that I delivered, but his partner Dr. Jamie Obst was just as wonderful! They were both so caring, patient, and always made me feel like I was getting the best care possible. My husband and I are hoping to have another in the next few years, and I will without a doubt be returning to Dr. Pivarunas!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Pivarunas is the best. Due to complications following my son's delivery, I was in the hospital for quite a while, and he came to my room literally every single day (sometimes more often) and kept me informed of test results, etc. He was very understanding and responsive to concerns. I don't think I could have gotten better care. Staff is great as well.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Cannot say enough good things about this man. I switched to Dr. P at 26 weeks pregnant because my former OB wouldn't respect my wish for an unmedicated birth. I hunted around and ultimately decided on Dr. P and that was the best decision I ever made. His staff is super nice (Patty is the best!) and I never waited very long to be seen. During my pregnancy I had a few scares and I was always treated so well. Dr. P goes out of his way to make you feel safe. My daughter's birth went perfectly thanks to his expertise. He spent the time going over my birth plan with me and made suggestions. I can't wait for him to delivery my future kids.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Pivarunas and his staff are amazing. As a first time mom I was terrified during labor and delivery and he made me feel wonderful. He is energetic and positive, and I wouldn't want any other doctor to deliver my subsequent children! He listened to me and allowed me to do delayed cord clamping and when I didn't want pitocin (even though that's what the hospital doctor recommended), he let me labor without it. Everything turned out perfect, and I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. I can't wait to have my next baby so I can go back to him!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Pivarunas is a wonderful man who really cares about his patients. He delivered my third child, and it was the best experience I could have hoped for. My first two births were very traumatic and I wanted so badly to have a peaceful, natural birth. Dr. P. was so encouraging and kind to me during labor, spending time with me and just being so positive! Also, I was a VBAC, and he let me come off the monitors intermittently and even go in the shower for a while! I have never had a doctor treat me with such respect and kindness, I felt he cared a great deal about me and that made me feel so safe. As for appointments with him, I did experience tremendously long wait times, but the staff is great and in the end it was worth it to have my "dream birth".

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

The best Dr in the area for natural birth! He fully supports VBAC mommies and has a high vaginal birth rate. He allows vaginal birth for multiples as well! Never seen a better OB, and Ive bounced around quite a bit to find a good match for me. Allowed me to shower, come off monitors (even VBAC moms!!!), no IV, encouraged me verbally, smiled and told me I was doing beautifully! He CARES!!! Never met a more heartfelt man who cares so much for women, babies, and the family unit. Supported delayed cord clamping and non separation too. Cant wait to have him attend our next birth! So blessed to have found him!!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Dr. Anthony R. Pivarunas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)