Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh

Dr. Shaikh was kind and informing on everything he did as far as explaining the procedure and my overall dental health care. The nurses were professional and welcoming.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Shaikh performed my surgery. His dental assistant explained the procedure and it was a painless experience. The office personnel were courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

As a native of Florida, and having lived in Orlando for four years now, I needed someone to pull my wisdom teeth. My dentist recommended Orofacial & Dental Implant Surgery. The initial consultation was quick and comprehensive, the actual procedure was very quick, and my recovery time was less than I thought it would be (I was back to work the next morning). Dr. Shaikh was absolutely awesome, and I would recommend him because of his professionalism and efficiency in his practice. (And I'm one of those people who really doesn't like writing reviews)

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I always recommend every one that needs oral surgeon. Dr. Shaikh @ staff were very pleasant and has hand of angel. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

John McNeil - Clermont, FL Since February 2016, I have had oral surgery performed at the Orofacial Kissimmee office to extract teeth #18, 29 & 30. Doctors Luis Alicea and Ofillo Morales performed these extractions, and other than the pressure of pulling the teeth out it was painless. My last oral surgery at Orofacial Kissimmee was to remove the Tori on the lower right and left side of my mouth. Doctor Zakir Shaikh performed this initial surgery and follow up to remove bone fragments was done at the Orofacial Waterford Lakes office. There was pain after Tori removal, but it was explained prior and after surgery both verbally and written how to limit the pain and control bleeding, swelling and other problems. All parties stressed for me to call immediately any time if there were problems. Orofacial & Dental Implant Surgery was recommended by my dentist (Dr. Aida Pagan), and everyone in her office speaks highly of Orofacial. After using Orofacial services, I see why my dentist recommends them and would recommend them to anyone. Everyone in their offices (doctors, receptionists, assistants, specialists, billing) are very patient oriented, compassionate and highly professional. Thank you Orofacial.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

The staff was very professional and Dr. Shaikh gave exceptional care. I recommend Orofacial to all my family and friends.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dental work is a huge source of anxiety for me. Having my wisdom teeth removed had me incredibly nervous, but Dr. Shaikh and his staff at Orofacial took such good care of me, taking into account my fears. The process went smoothly and my recovery was much better than I had been prepared for. I've already recommended Dr. Shaikh to friends!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

It was easy to make the appointment and the office staff is very friendly and accommodating. Dr Shaikh was very professional and thorough in explaining the procedure, answering all my questions and putting me at ease. I ave recommended him to others.Thank you so much Dr. Shaikh, Rosemary.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Great Doctor, his staff was very nice and the office was very clean and neat

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

On October 15th 2015, a surgical procedure done for removal of six wisdom teeth. Numbing was applied however the dentist did not wait to check if I, the patient was numb. As soon as he began I grunted in pain and as he continued I began to kick and move my arms! Clearly this is an indication to stop because something was wrong! On the contrary he continued to work on my mouth and told me to stay still. As tears from my eyes fell down my cheecks, not even the nurse stopped him! This continued on for fifty five more minutes. Complete utter pain! I was also told someone would have to accompany me seeing how I would be so heavily drugged the nurse would wheel me out in a wheel chair. I was able to be escorted out of the office without this said wheelchair. Completely coherent and semi-talking through the gauze and bloody mouth. This is an outrage! The doctor did request I return to follow up on the sixth tooth he broke and could not remove, but I will refuse to repeat the same suffering all over again! After paying $3200, services were not properly rendered. I should not have gone through this! A proper procedure entails checking to ensure the area is completely numb, checking on the patient's comfort level before or even continuing the procedure! I was worked on like an animal! A higher dosage of medication or a different type should have been used or placed under consideration. Instead my well being was completely ignored especially seeing the level of discomfort I was in! This is not how business is fo be conducted! I have been to dentist before and have been provided with far better services.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After graduating from high school, he went on to the University of Pittsburgh to receive a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 1992. He then remained at the University of Pittsburgh to complete his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) in 1996. Dr Shaikh continued his specialty training at the University of Florida in Gainesville. During his six year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, he also graduated from the University Of Florida School Of Medicine in 1999 and received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. Through his extensive training, Dr. Shaikh has become well versed in all aspects of his specialty. These include, but are not limited to dentoalveolar surgery, IV sedation, TMJ surgical management, Orthognathics, trauma, pathology and implants. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Shaikh is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American Dental Association, Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Florida Dental Association, Central Florida District Dental Association and the Dental Society of Greater Orlando. Dr Shaikh is a Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently on staff at Orlando Regional Medical Center, Sandlake Hospital, Arnold Palmer Hospital and Florida Hospital. He has been licensed by the Florida Dental Board to practice dentistry since 2002.

• English

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 1996)

• Dental implant surgery