Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh

We have been to see Dr. Shaikh three times now, twice for wisdom tooth removal and once for a broken orbital bone. I would never go anywhere else. He and the staff are super kind, efficient and helpful. I highly recommend this office!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Years ago I had a minor cosmetic surgery unrelated to dental. I interviewed 3 surgeons. I chose the one who could best explain the procedure to me. I figured if they could tell me clearly in layman’s terms what they were going to accomplish then they could have the best chance of properly performing the procedure. In 2017 I interviewed three oral surgeons for a bone graph/implant. I chose Dr. Zakir Shaikh because he seemed very confident in his ability to get the job done and he did a good job explaining to me exactly what he was going to do. It is been one month since my bone graft and so far so good! I’m looking forward to getting my implant done early in 2018. Will keep you posted! Mike

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

I was really nervous when I went in because it was my first time getting any type of surgery, but you guys made my first experience pleasurable. Definitely going to recommend Orofacial Waterford to friends and family that need any oral surgery. Thank you so much for everything Dr. Z. Shaikh. I’ll be sure to come back for my next extraction in January.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Dr. Shaikh is very informative and patient. Everyone in the office is very cordial and do their best to make you comfortable and at ease.Thank you Dr Shaikh!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Great consultation experience with Dr. Shaikh and the staff. Professional, courteous and on time. They were informative and I left feeling completely aware of what to do next and what to expect. Now I'm not apprehensive about getting my tooth pulled out! Thanks

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Shaikh is the best! His calm attitude and obvious expertise made getting wisdom teeth out a "walk in the park!"

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Shaikh was kind and informing on everything he did as far as explaining the procedure and my overall dental health care. The nurses were professional and welcoming.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Shaikh performed my surgery. His dental assistant explained the procedure and it was a painless experience. The office personnel were courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

As a native of Florida, and having lived in Orlando for four years now, I needed someone to pull my wisdom teeth. My dentist recommended Orofacial & Dental Implant Surgery. The initial consultation was quick and comprehensive, the actual procedure was very quick, and my recovery time was less than I thought it would be (I was back to work the next morning). Dr. Shaikh was absolutely awesome, and I would recommend him because of his professionalism and efficiency in his practice. (And I'm one of those people who really doesn't like writing reviews)

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I always recommend every one that needs oral surgeon. Dr. Shaikh @ staff were very pleasant and has hand of angel. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zakir A. Shaikh was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After graduating from high school, he went on to the University of Pittsburgh to receive a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 1992. He then remained at the University of Pittsburgh to complete his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) in 1996. Dr Shaikh continued his specialty training at the University of Florida in Gainesville. During his six year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, he also graduated from the University Of Florida School Of Medicine in 1999 and received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. Through his extensive training, Dr. Shaikh has become well versed in all aspects of his specialty. These include, but are not limited to dentoalveolar surgery, IV sedation, TMJ surgical management, Orthognathics, trauma, pathology and implants. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Shaikh is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American Dental Association, Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Florida Dental Association, Central Florida District Dental Association and the Dental Society of Greater Orlando. Dr Shaikh is a Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently on staff at Orlando Regional Medical Center, Sandlake Hospital, Arnold Palmer Hospital and Florida Hospital. He has been licensed by the Florida Dental Board to practice dentistry since 2002.

• English

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Pittsburgh (Grad. 1996)

• Dental implant surgery