Ratings for Dr. Avani R. Lakhani

I would not recommend this doctor. Very aggressive treatment suggestions after she misdiagnosed an issue. Thankfully I got a second and third opinion from​ other doctors, who confirmed my concerns. Would not go back!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Lakhani!!! She and her staff are very caring and knowledgeable. They listened to me, asked questions to better know my condition and she patiently went over her findings and recommendations after her examination. I just had surgery, she visited me before I went into the OR, seeing that I was a bit anxious she held my hand and assured me that I'll be ok. That calmed me down. All went well and I didn't have any pain after having polyps removed and a d&c done. She's terrific.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I would never recommend Dr. Lahkani to any woman. She had no bed side manners and she entered the room with a negative attitude and making assumptions of me and health without even reviewing my health record or getting to no me as a new patient. Very unprofessional and not welcoming as a new patient. I don't want anyone else to experience that kind of treatment,especially if you're in there not feeling good or in pain. Left there very bothered and frustrated.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor. She did not listen to my concerns or review previous doctor's records to get an overall picture of my health.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

After suffering for many years with my health deteriorating, I finally found Dr. Lakhani. What a blessing!!! She listened closely to what I was experiencing and understood. She was very efficient, gentle and compassionate in all of her care. I haven't been this healthy and energetic in decades! I hope many others are able to experience what "health care" really means. Mahalo nui loa.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I found Dr. Lakhani as I was researching OB/GYN doctors on Maui, her qualifications mentioned that she is the most experienced GYN surgeon on Maui. I made my appointment with her and was very pleased with the level of care. Dr. Lakhani is professional, competent, kind, and respectful. And so is her staff. What impressed me most was the way she listened to my concerns and then explained the details of my condition and the appropriate tests and treatments that would be best for me. I was also really happy that she confidently recommended the least invasive treatment option and that the whole in-office procedure was smooth and calm and painless. And another outstanding service from Dr. Lakhani is that she always hands me a copy of my lab reports in addition to a written summary of the appointment, no other doctor has ever shared copies of lab reports with me. That says a lot about her, she wants her patients to be well informed and empowered. I really trust Dr. Lakhani's decisions and skills and overall philosophy of healthcare.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Having worked with several OB/GYN in the past 20 years in Hawaii and in the mainland, I found Dr Lakhani to be most professional and kind. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. I found that Dr Lakhani explains surgical options and nonsurgical options quite clearly with a non-biased, helpful, factual manner. Waiting time varies, but it's well worth it when there is a wait as every medical and dental facility I've experienced has wait times. I highly recommend Dr Lakhani. As far as costs: totally comparable to other facilities with a personal touch. Standards of care are excellent.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Lakhani if you are on Maui. Nice private office, pleasant and professional staff. I has a great experience getting Adiana. She has a very compassionate bedside manner, and the Nurse practitioner is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I would strongly recommend Dr Lakhani. She is thorough, personable, and very helpful with my experience. It's difficult to find an OBGYN who you feel you comfortable and trusting with, but I found I was able to do so with Dr Lakhani. Staff was very helpful and accommodating to me as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for OBGYN care.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr repeatedly recommended aggressive treatment without mentioning viable less invasive options offered by 2nd and 3rd opinions. I experienced tremendous difficulty with their accounting department, trying repeatedly to make a payment only to be told repeatedly not to pay yet as they were reviewing and appealing with the insurance company. After 5 months of countless attempts at getting a straight answer from a helpless staff received a certified letter stating they would no longer provide service due to nonpayment! Dr. would never return my calls. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013