You may also like

I found Dr. Lakhani as I was researching OB/GYN doctors on Maui, her qualifications mentioned that she is the most experienced GYN surgeon on Maui. I made my appointment with her and was very pleased with the level of care. Dr. Lakhani is professional, competent, kind, and respectful. And so is her staff. What impressed me most was the way she listened to my concerns and then explained the details of my condition and the appropriate tests and treatments that would be best for me. I was also really happy that she confidently recommended the least invasive treatment option and that the whole in-office procedure was smooth and calm and painless. And another outstanding service from Dr. Lakhani is that she always hands me a copy of my lab reports in addition to a written summary of the appointment, no other doctor has ever shared copies of lab reports with me. That says a lot about her, she wants her patients to be well informed and empowered. I really trust Dr. Lakhani's decisions and skills and overall philosophy of healthcare.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Having worked with several OB/GYN in the past 20 years in Hawaii and in the mainland, I found Dr Lakhani to be most professional and kind. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. I found that Dr Lakhani explains surgical options and nonsurgical options quite clearly with a non-biased, helpful, factual manner. Waiting time varies, but it's well worth it when there is a wait as every medical and dental facility I've experienced has wait times. I highly recommend Dr Lakhani. As far as costs: totally comparable to other facilities with a personal touch. Standards of care are excellent.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Lakhani if you are on Maui. Nice private office, pleasant and professional staff. I has a great experience getting Adiana. She has a very compassionate bedside manner, and the Nurse practitioner is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I would strongly recommend Dr Lakhani. She is thorough, personable, and very helpful with my experience. It's difficult to find an OBGYN who you feel you comfortable and trusting with, but I found I was able to do so with Dr Lakhani. Staff was very helpful and accommodating to me as well. I would recommend her to anyone looking for OBGYN care.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr repeatedly recommended aggressive treatment without mentioning viable less invasive options offered by 2nd and 3rd opinions. I experienced tremendous difficulty with their accounting department, trying repeatedly to make a payment only to be told repeatedly not to pay yet as they were reviewing and appealing with the insurance company. After 5 months of countless attempts at getting a straight answer from a helpless staff received a certified letter stating they would no longer provide service due to nonpayment! Dr. would never return my calls. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Very confortable office, polite staff, doctor has very caring sweet demeanor. Excellent surgeon would highly reccomend!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I just moved to Maui from Denver, Colorado and needed to schedule my annual exam and have my IUD removed. Coming from the Mainland, I had very high standards and was pleasantly surprised to find such a fantastic OB practice in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. From my initial call to my appoint, all of my expectations were exceeded. The Front Desk rep was extremely organized and professional. The Nurse, Ann and Dr. Lakhani took their time with me, answered all my questioned and made my IUD removal a painless experience. I would recommend Dr. Lakhani to all women that have any OB/Gyn medical needs.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

I dont like writing bad reviews but after my experience, I would not want anyone to go through this. The initial visit was fine, Dr.Lakhani was nice but I waited for over an hour to see her. I was told that my medical would cover it only to get a $125 bill in the mail (usually my co-pay is $15 at my old Dr.). Dr agreed to discount 50% which was still more than what I usually pay but I happily agreed since I felt that was somewhat fair. I sent the check & after a month I noticed the check was never processed. Got a call saying that the bill may be in collections. Called the office & the staff was very kind but did not know how to handle it since the Dr. was never available. This is still a problem that im still trying to fix for 2 months ongoing now. To make matters worse I called to get a RX called in to my nearby pharmacy & it took 2 days to call it in. Wasted several trips to the pharmacy because they never got the RX. Never experienced that before. I will not go back there.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

I found Dr. Lakhani very thorogh and helpful, HOWEVER, extremely expensive. I went for an annual exam--no tests-not even a pap smear and got a bill for $600.00!! Needless to say, I will be looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. Avani R. Lakhani's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Lakhani as I was researching OB/GYN doctors on Maui, her qualifications mentioned that she is the most experienced GYN surgeon on Maui. I made my ap..."

October 27, 2015
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

November 9, 2013
  • First Name changed from "AVANI" to "AVANI R."

October 20, 2013