Ratings for Dr. Junaid H. Khan

Dr. Khan for me ,he gave me another chance to live.i am kind of person dont want to have surgery. 15 years ago i was advised to have stent because i have 2"blockage. but due to i am very scared of stent, i ask my doctor if i can take medications.this year 2018 i was referred to see Dr. khan after i was diagnosed to have multiple heart disease and need to have bypass. first time i meet him, he talked straight to the point which he explained my case, & i need triple bypass and need to schedule as soon as possible. i was scheduled january 17,2018 .after all the pre op and lab requested, his staff was very helpful ,patience and i can say: has a team work.i was told to see again dr. khan just to be sure i am well with no colds and flu otherwise, i will die during surgery.staff keep on following up my status and keep everything okay and ready to released by my primary care. Dr. khan will not allow me to have surgery if i am not 100% well. and that is why i love him for being honest.my triple bypass was done feb.7,2018. i wake up after my surgery on the first day,i feel anxious.i am wondering why until now i am still inside the pre op room.i ask the nurse what time is my surgery? nurse was smiling.and says.. congratulations..surgery has been done. and i ask the nurse how come i don't feel any pain? nurse: from 1-10 how much is your pain? i said:1. second day<nurse: 1-10 hw much pain? i said:1 and i was start sit up ,out of bed. and walking and 5 days i am ready to discharged home. i feel so happy and i never feel any pain and i'ts a big difference before my surgery and after my surgery.i can walk fast without shortness of breath.i have no afib. my incessions was very fine with no infections and fast healing.DR. Khan did an excellent job and his team. i recommend Dr. khan to all my friends and relatives.because in my experienced i feel no pain,no infections.Thank God"s for giving me Dr. khan Junaid.for new Life.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

My pcp convinced me to travel from reno to see him. I had a scope operation for atrial fibrillation after multiple attempts in cath lab in Reno. His team was fantastic. So far so good, no afib for first time in a long time.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Khan is a renowned and very smart surgeon. I had triple bypass in 2014 and I am doing excellent. If it wasnt for Dr. Khan I would have been dead.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

We came from Reno to get a keyhole mitral repair done. Very happy we did.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

When our father had to have an emergency mitral valve surgery he did a great job explaining everything to us and walking us through the whole time in the Hospital. He was able to do it with very small incision which allowed much faster recovery for my father

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

"He is very careful, conservative, & better than good. He is a perfectionist. He did not spend a lot of time with me at any time but he did a hard job perfect. It is what he calls a "redo". I had bypass surgery 15 years earlier. This will be my second time being opened & scar tissue can be tough to work with. His staff was always there. His staff is very smart & sympathetic & patient. I get the idea that it a "team" effort. To start with he said he'd go to a meeting where the decision would be made on how to proceed. They (not me) had 2 choices. Second: someone used the word "team". I HATE that word when Target or a fast food restaurant uses it. I think it is very appropriate with him. He had 4 or more nurses with us when he spoke with me & my wife. I asked what his statistics were & he replied that I had a 5% chance of death & an additional 7% chance of a complication (stroke, need another bypass - I presume as my artery may be damaged, etc). That is hard to swallow. He also said that I had a 50% chance of death in 12-18 months if I did not do it. Of course I was afraid & scared. He postponed my surgery when he didn't like one of my test results. My cardiologist said that some surgeons will not do a "redo" & some will try regardless & others have a lot of confidence in themselves. I believe that Dr. Khan has a lot of confidence in himself. If you are facing this surgery, you could be one of the unlucky ones. Of course if I was one of the unlucky ones, I wouldn't be completing this survey. I told my wife that unless there was gross negligence (like leaving a scissor inside of me), I did not want any lawsuit for a mistake. He is only human. I had confidence that I had the best possible & I was ready for the consequences. Last I want to talk about my original symptoms. I would wake up with a sharp mind. As the day would proceed I'd begin to lose my ability to focus my thinking. I also would have angina with maybe 5 blocks of walking. In my case my cardiologist said it "could" be due to my heart murmur (leaking heart valve). I was convinced that it was. As time passed my cardiologist came to side with me. Symptoms are not always the same & your symptoms could or even probably would be different. I am in week 3 after surgery tomorrow. I am walking at a fast (for my condition) pace up hills. Before surgery I positively would be feeling angina. I am angina free! To me, the results are everything. I was always comfortable with his staff. I saw them a lot in the hospital. They are INTERESTED & COMFORTING. I have a new lease on life. I can see me swimming again. I've been afraid to venture too far from shore as I had been afraid that angina may prevent me from swimming back to shore. I also see me riding a bicycle again. I would recommend Dr. Khan & his staff to anyone facing any kind of heart surgery. I will state it differently. I would go out of my way to have him be my surgeon. Just be prepared for the worst. I got as many of my affairs in order as I could. Fortunately I didn't need to." Aortic Valve, Valve Replacement, 01/06/2017

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

"Dr. Khan used port access to repair my leaky mitral valve. i'd never heard of the procedure; neither had doctors I know; that's how new this procedure is. But boy, is it great. My surgery was just three weeks ago. I'm already up and around: I'm going out, going to work, driving, riding a motor scooter, whatever. Friends who've had to have open-heart surgery, or who know others who've had the old-fashioned procedure, cannot believe how close to totally recovered I am. Of course, port access is not available for all kinds of cardiac surgery, and most surgeons don't know how to do it. Indeed, almost no other surgeons do it. I was referred to Dr. Khan purely by chance, but I am very glad I was" -- Clyde Leland, Mitral Valve, Valve Repair, 03/29/2017

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Excellent Job with Key hole Mitral Repair. Very nice staff

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Junaid Khan botched a mitral valve surgery on me a few years ago and left me disabled. He robbed me of what had been an active life, hiking, biking, swimming, surfing, working (shipwright). I can do none of that now, cannot even walk uphill, even a slight grade. When I went to his office after leaving the hospital (2 months stay) and asked him what had happened to me he just grinned, threw his hands up in the air and said, "You're in the hands of the cardiologist now." Khan is careless, indifferent, dangerous,

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I was very hurt & disappointed in Dr. Khan. He saw my daughter, who had blood clots in both arms and neck. She was very ill due to taking chemo and he made her WAIT in his office for 2 HOURS until closing for the day. The last patient, even tho she had an appointment. Needless to say, I could not find one nice thing about him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Junaid H. Khan's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Healthnet