Ratings for Dr. Dixie D. Richards

Dr. Richards is just wonderful. She does great work.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2008

Dixie is AWESOME. First of all she is one of the best diagnosticians around. She can look at something and immediately tell you what it is. I spent months going around to different derms for a problem I was having and when I saw Dixie, she diagnosed my problem correctly in the first 30 seconds of the appointment. She is truly amazing at this. To the person on this blog who had the diagnosis of rosacea.. it is true there is no cure but it is treatable to a certain extent. I am skeptical of your post because I know she would not send you away without discussing treatment or giving you a sample of something that would help. To the other patient who said she only spent 5 minutes with you... I am sorry for your experience. Sometime dermatologists do only spend a short time with you. I have been know to say "slow down, I still need to talk to you." Dixie is a truly good, kind person and simply the best diagnostician around. You will be so happy that you went.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Dr. Richards is one the most knowledgeable doctors I know, she was very informative, and helpful. The staff was very caring and considerate, I would recommend her to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2006

Dr. Dixie has been described as an angel in a lab coat, and I could not agree more. When I first saw her I had red spotchy skin, blocked pores, and brownspots. She has educated me on preventative care and my skin actually looks younger. She advises on the products, but does not push them on you. Her staff is helpful and upbeat and I'm delighted with the excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2006

Dr. Richards has reaffirmed my faith in compassionate and caring physicians. The doctor made me feel comfortable and took the time to listen to my issues. She was amazing at clearly explaining to me all the options and which option she believed to be best for me. I was even given a “goodie bag” filled with samples of all the medications I needed, it was much appreciated. I was further impressed when I was called by the doctor to follow-up with me a few weeks after my appointment. She is a genuinely nice and caring person. I would recommend her to all of my family, friends, and even strangers, if asked. Also, I have to say that the staff was amazing. Really pleasant, helpful, and also took the time to explain to me all I needed to know about my insurance and payment. It was a good experience even though I came in for an unpleasant skin issue.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2006

This is the very best doctor I have EVER seen!!! She is incredibly compassionate, kind and truly cares. I had horrible skin issues, which was even difficult for me to talk about, and she spent extra time and really got to the problem, and gave me some creams that have changed my skin so for the better. My friends have all raved about her, but I was so afraid that my skin would never get better I didn't even want to go. But I am SO happy!!! She is really a wonderful person, and I would pay whatever she charged for the pleasure of being in her care

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

had a rash on my face and she seem perplexed and told me it was roseacea and that it would never go away and that I could only manage the symptoms - note this took a whole 5 minutes in and out. I was shocked when I saw the brochure for roseacea and to know that it was only going to get worse deepressed me. I couldn't believe how matter of fact and how short and hard she was in the 5 minutes that she saw me. Needless to say I went to another doctor and was prescribe something that made it go away the same week. I am totally fine today and can't believe my experience with her. When something like this happens you have to keep on looking for a doctor that cares for and spends time with his/her patients. This would not be that doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

Dr. Richards is an amazing Dr. I have Melasma and when I was younger, I broke out in horrible rashes on my knees.She gave me meds to take them away.It worked perfectly.When I was 18, I got 5 layers burned off of my face because the wax at the beauty parlor was too hot.She gave me some prescription cream that took away the burn completely and left no scarring.Since I do have melasma on my face, I have a little skin dis-coloration on my face from the pimples that I used to have before.She gave me a bleach that was safe to use on my face and evened out the skin color about 80%.I do admit that her wait times are legnthy, but there is no better dermatologist around.She knows exactly what she is talking about and my skin would not be beautiful without her help.I am not perfect, but now since I am again dealing with an Acne problem, I know exactly where to go, even though I know my insurance doesn't cover it.She is expensive without insurance, but really, it's worth paying more for the best.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2006

Dixie Richards was rude, short and not helpful in the least. She prescribbed antibiotics, and I am on BC, which interferes, yet never told me that. Also, she tried to get her staff to sell me products she carried that were very expensive, and the testimonial I received was from a woman who had recently completed accutane. the products contained the SAME INGREDIENTS that she tried to convince me was making my bereakouts worse.....Also, she made me wait an hour for a 5 minute appt, and when I called after to speak with her about how unhappy I was, she NEVER RETURNED ANY OF MY CALLS. FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR IF YOU WANT TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2006

Dr. Dixie D. Richards's Credentials

• Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Omaha Ne 68198 (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal