Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Mackiw

I had not been to a dentist office in years....due to being scared of not being understood.....my mouth is very sensitive. ...this dentist hasn't failed to completely numb my mouth in surgical settings and does everything to make you as comfortable as you can be. Once again I highly recommend his services! Thankyou once again, for your awesome services!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. Mackiw i don't know how i could ever thank you for the care you and your staff showed me during my tooth extraction. I was so scared to go back to a Dentist because of prior visits that were horrible in the past with other dentists but i knew my tooth was in pretty bad condition. For the first time every you were able to completely numb my mouth but your dental assistant made sure i was comfortable and ready to begin. You were gentle while completing the extraction and answered all my questions before hand. You actually made sure i was ok even after the procedure was complete and i know that is your a busy man so thank you. I will be back to see you in the future and highly recommend you to anyone! Thank you once again for allowing me to believe that there are Dentists who truly still care about there patients.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

My wife,children and I have been coming to Dr. Mackiw for years and could not be happier with his skills and expertise. Before being a patient of Dr Mackiw I was really apprehensive of dentists in general, but there was something about Dr. Mackiw and the relaxed, personable atmosphere of his office and staff that really put me at ease.His staff is wonderful,professional, and friendly. My family and I have complete trust in the care we receive from Dr. Mackiw and his fantastic staff,and could not be more satisfied. He just opened a beautiful new facility with breathtaking views of the Sandias.If you are looking for an exceptional family dentist we highly recommend Dr Mackiw.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

We brought my elderly mother in for an exam and Dr. Mackiw advised taking out 6 of her healthy teeth and creating a bridge. A second and third opinion from experienced oral surgeons determined this route to be totally unnecessary. In fact the other doctors were aghast that Dr. MacKiw would advise taking out healthy teeth especially from an elderly woman. One of the doctors questioned his motives, while the other would not go so far, but we believe only from professional decorum. Kudos to the one doctor for stating unequivocally that this was a poor and highly questionable decision on the part of Dr. Mackiw. Personally, based on our experience we would AVOID this dentist as he epitomizes the worst of the profession, however if you still feel the need to see him PLEASE be careful as he seems to be more interested in the money than in the health of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015