Ratings for Dr. Carol L. Archie

At my first appointment she decided to use a handheld ultrasound to check out the baby. At 5 weeks not much shows up, obviously, but since the baby was on it's side she shook her head and said very matter-of-factly the pregnancy probably won't take. What?! Who says that?? No explanation, no sympathy, then she left the room. My whole pregnancy was perfectly fine and she never mentioned that incident or apologized for it. I was naive to stay with her. When I went into labor I asked for an epidural, got one, and only found out later that she ordered the drug to stop way before I got to a 10. I was pushing that stupid button for nothing. No wonder I was in so much pain. She never discussed anything with me or even hinted at that when I discussed pain management options with her. I was in so much pain that I couldn't push effectively and it took 3 hours, and I tore from it. For 3 hours she stood there silently watching me and never said a word. She's a horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

I found this doctor to be rude and combative. She seemed to have very little compassion and concern for my well-being and for my baby's. My labor took 2 days and she didn't show up until the last hour. By that time the baby had been in distress for some time. At the followup, she ignored my concerns about the injuries to my bladder during the birth. She claimed she didn't understand what I was talking about. I left that office in tears. A horrible experience and now my son was just diagnosed with ADHD, probably caused by the lack of oxygen at birth. Every day is a struggle and I curse the day I ever stepped foot in her office. And I blame myself for not having the courage to find someone else.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

Dr. Carol L. Archie's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)