Ratings for Dr. Cynthia B. Chambless

I realize insurance companies can be a pain to deal with for doctors, but that's part of the service. The receptionist is very uncaring dealing with the bill, she complains about the type insurance you have, doesn't want to deal with it. She says just Pay It. You go for annual physical which now is considered well care paid 100% NOT!!! Do not ask anything in general concerning health issue you will be billed severly and the nurse will code it as diagnose so the insurance company will not pay. Crazy....now if you go as a new patient to make an appointment you actually have to go to the office and pay your copay to make an appointment. So would you go to this doctor....don't think so...

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I have been a pt with Dr. Chambless for several years and if a Dr is aware of your medical history and you keep your yearly apt, I dont think they should require to see you in office for simple things that they can call in a prescription for over the phone.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Been going to them for a few years and I've never had any problems!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

After hearing recently that my Mom went and was humiliated,I had to give a review. She unlike myself, has been a loyal patient for over 15 years and now since. She doesn't have insurance they treated her like crap. I have been going there for some years but not consistently,most of my experience there has been awful,I also consider the receptionist as very rude and needs to go to a sensitivity seminar. I can literally try contacting them for over a week and never get in touch with someone. Their phones are down for two hours for lunch and at 4:30 even though they don't close til 5. Dr. Chambless basicly shrugged off my abdomen pains even though it turned out to be serious, my gallbladder needed to be taken out. I suppose if you are also the snobby,possibly rich Macon type then you can deal with them,otherwise don't ever go!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Very pleased with first visit. There will be more as needed.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

The staff is very polite and entertaining but if you are a stick in the mud and are not into sarcastic and joking nurses then I wouldnt suggest it because they love to cut up and make it fun. Dr. Chambless is very professional and is very knowledgable of what seems like most medical problems. She spends a lot of time with me and gets me in and out very quickly. She is very thorough in diagnosing and I feel like I can really trust her. The blood tests take some time to get back and the referrals aren't always done promtly but there is also only one nurse doing everything and the other offices are also part of the referral which I have had more trouble with them calling to tell me of my appointment while Dr. chambless had already made the referral the same day. I love Dr. Chambless and would refer her to anyone. She loves her job and she loves her patients and that is what is important.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

I am a new patient of Dr. Chambless'. She has always been courteous, patient and totally professional.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Went for physical & chest x-ray in April. My x-ray results were misfiled, only to be discovered 3 months after the fact. Nurse extremely rude on the phone.. took 10 days for her to fax my paperwork to specialist to get appointment for lung condition indicated by x-ray she had misfiled. She just plain didn't care, and pretty much said so. Receptionist is horrible on the phone.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

I have always found her to be compassionate, knowledgable, and most helpful. I have had no problems with service at all except when she went on vacation when I was to have had an appointment and I didn't get the message.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Cynthia B. Chambless's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)