Ratings for Dr. Robert Afra

Spent 2 minutes with me yanking my knee around when the chart said I have torn meniscus and MCL. Never looked at the MRI. Terrible.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

We have sent several employees to Dr. Afra through U.S. Healthworks. It is a total worker's comp scam. He doesn't read their charts or any information given to him. He prescribes the same medicine, treatment, and work restrictions for every employee regardless of their different problems.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

My experience with Dr. Afra was terrible! Despite medical diagnoses from 3 other doctors and 3 consistent nerve conduction study results all concluding I have carpal tunnel, Dr. Afra told me he had NO IDEA why I have pain radiating from my hands to my shoulders. He spent less than 5 minutes evaluating me, did not read my med charts & did not listen to how my work contributed to my condition. He did not listen when I told him I'd already spent a fortune in chiropractic, acupuncture, braces, and tens units which no longer work to mitigate the pain. Instead, he prescribed meds that drove my blood pressure dangerously high and he prescribed more acupuncture. Felt like he was milking the worker's comp system. S

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Grounded, honest, experienced, and really good! Dr. Afra's demeanor with my 7 yr. old daughter was comforting and his words were empowering. She had a full leg cast for 45 days and with her checkups and talks with Dr. Afra, it went by smoothly. His expertise was proven by the process. To find an Orthopedist who knows his stuff, is great with kids, has a caring professional staff, and is someone whom my daughter peaks fondly of is a major plus in my book...especially if my kids will be as accident prone as I was!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

He took his time with me and EXPLAINED EVERYTHING. Dr Afra actually gave me his email for any follow up questions. Can you believe it?

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Dr. Robert Afra's Credentials

• Farsi

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Kaiser-Permanente