Ratings for Dr. James LaFleur

Dr. Lafleur was kind and helpful. His staff on the other hand are so rude and unkind. I was forced to switch my son's doctor when his father's insurance changed and having heard great things about Lafleur, decided to go with his office. The receptionist told me when I scheduled an initial appointment that they don't accept just one patient, that they are a "family practice" I myself did not have insurance at the time and do not have any family doctor to speak of. I only wanted a great doctor for my child and as his insurance was not accepted by the wonderful doctor he had, I wanted a decent option. So, after his initial visit, my son had one more appointment. The nurses and staff made me very uncomfortable. I actually preferred taking my son to urgent care. Next thing I know, the office calls me to basically kick my son out of his practice. Thanks Dr. La fleur! NOT!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

dont even waist your time they ask about your current health care concerns then call you an hour later and say no they treat you like a immigrant at the border entrance denied if you dont say the right answers to there questions

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I notice all the "excellent" comments are from BC/BS insurance holders. We use HealthPlus and the experience is awful. They are entirely inflexible in subspecialty choices. (What happened to the patient having some say?) And, it all relates to the reimbursement he receives from HealthPlus. Been with him 25 years and in the last 10 rarely saw him. Love PAs! Staff makes me feel like I have to justify my visit. I am switching doctors!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Lafleur for 24 years now and I don't think I'll stop any time soon. Some people there can have slight attitudes from time to time, but show me one person that doesn't have a bad day every so often. It happens. Dr. LaFleur is a great doctor who has been practicing for quite some time now. He easily picks up on whatever may be wrong with you. He is a very easy person to talk to also, which is a very good trait for your doctor. Even with the most personal of problems I've never felt embarrassed to tell him about it. One thing I like about him is he actually listens to you when you speak. Many other doctors half listen and pretty much already have their minds made up on what is wrong before you're done speaking. Dr. LaFleur will look you in the eyes and listen to every word you have to say then he will explain what he thinks it may be. All in all he is great

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Everyone is very helpful. Feel free to ask anyone any questions about your health concerns. If that person doesn't know, she will tell you who does know. My wait is usually about 15-20 minutes, which by usual standards isn't bad.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Best doctor in the world. Always helpful and courteous. Laid-back and does not overreact. Staff could be a bit more friendly. Great doctor though!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

Hmmm. I am a bit befuddled by this doctor. I only saw him for a short period of time because I could not make a decision on whether I liked him or not. He is polite and friendly on the surface. But, like others stated, he cannot seem to make a decision, and never got back to me either with one. His office staff could be better trained with "people" skills/issues. I sent the office a letter asking for answers to my questions, to remind them I was waiting on his reply-no response to that either! He also made rude remarks about another doctor right near his office. He also covered for this doctor and made comments to me on the phone, during an emergency call, saying he does things a lot differently. Well, after that call, I gave up on him! But I have heard excellent comments from others about him..go figure!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009

Best physician available to mankind. Appointments very timely.Great sense of humor and spirituality. Very attentive to ones' feelings. Accurate diagnosis every time. Staff-warm and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2008

Dr. is great but hard to get in to see for same day service. Usually have to see one of his PAs for that. The PAs are alright but it is just not the same caliber as seeing Doc. The office staff can be rude at times but I think they are a little overzealous with screening calls and tend to make you feel on the defensive about wanting to be seen quickly. The Dr.'s wife answers the phone a lot and sadly she is the worst offender. I don't think she even realizes how she is perceived by others. It is worth it though to be seen by this great doctor. I recommend him highly and entrust my whole family with his care.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

I was not very impressed, and I had heard great things about this doctor and his office staff. One staff person was very helpful; the remainder were very indifferent and indecisive. The doctor was friendly, but very matter of fact, not personal at all, and dissed a doctor who is close by, which shocked me, and I am not sure how the conversation even came up. He also appears quite incapable of making a decision, as I waited for his answer a long time, and finally had to seek another opinion elsewhere-and all he had to do was let me know!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

Dr. James LaFleur's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1986)