Ratings for Dr. Peter Dietze

Long story short, I saw Dr. Dietze for my first pregnancy, which I ended up loosing. I feel that he is a very nice, personable man, but is not experienced or reliable on ultrasound (he even disagreed with what a radiology specialist had to say about my ultrasound). I am pretty sure I was misdiagnosed with a tubal pregnancy (which I find based on second opinions and much research). And when I began crying in the exam room after the misdiagnosis, he didn't understand why I was crying, and gave me a percentage statement about ectopic pregnancies (was that supposed to make me feel better?). But like I said, a very nice man, and I would trust him with routine gynecology matters, but nothing else.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

I was prescribed an inappropriate medication by Dr. Dietze, which I took for more than one year. I developed uterine bleeding and had an abnormal biopsy result, which may be related to this medication. I had (still have) to endure medical procedures whose results will determine my long-term wellbeing. Because of all this, the quality of my life has dropped significantly and uncertainty has become part of my daily life. I experienced Dr. Dietze as insensitive and patronizing and was not under the impression to receive appropriate health care. I only hope that my experience with Dr. Dietze was a single occurrence.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Peter Dietze's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

AARP