Ratings for Dr. Lacy E. Thornburg

Dr. Thornburg is absolutely fantastic. He has performed three surgeries for me (trigger finger and carpel tunnel on each hand), and all of them have been successful. What's more, he's a doctor who takes a personal interest in his patients. He always takes the time to talk with me about my questions/concerns, and he's careful to give me the facts as they are. I'd had two carpel tunnel surgeries in the past with a different surgeon, and it's unusual to need it again in both hands. He explained that the procedures would be more difficult to perform and have longer healing times, but both went beautifully. I'm so thankful I found him.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I had thumb arthroplasty done December 2009 by Dr. Thornburg. The procedure required cutting a tendon in the forearm then pulling it up and through a hole drilled in my thumb. After the ragged osteoarthritis surface of the thumb joint was cleaned up , the tendon was passed through the hole and served as an anchor for thumb articulation. The last remaining portion of the tendon was coiled up and provided a cushion for the thumb joint. He did a professional job and I have had no pain whatsoever since the surgery. Before this I couldn't even tune a guitar without a long lasting dull ache which lasted for days. The osteoarthritis ended with this Doctor's intervention. I have nothing but praise and admiration for Dr. Lacy Thornburg.!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. Lacy E. Thornburg's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1989)