Ratings for Dr. Donald B. Russ

Dr. Russ treated me very poorly. I dropped him today after a particularly bad visit. I told him that I was very depressed and had been suicidal lately, which he was indifferent to and made no comment on. He refused to change anything in my medication, instead basically telling me to get a life. Get a job, exercise, go to college. I am disabled and limited in my abilities to do these things even though I would like to. He asked me where I would like to be, depression-wise, from 0 to 10. I told him obviously I would like to have no depression. He told me that it was unrealistic to expect to feel that much better, because "there's a lot of pain in the world." You don't promise your patients you can make them 100% better, but you don't tell them there are limits to how good they can feel. He interrupts frequently and refuses to truly listen to or respect you as a person. Avoid him if there is any other option. He is a terrible psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Dr. Donald B. Russ's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)