Ratings for Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER

I have been very pleased with my entire cataract surgery experience so far. Yes they are busy - but honestly at every step I felt that I was given the attention I needed - people acted as though they were not in a hurry and they answered my questions. I believe I am a high maintenance patient in that I am very picky about my physicians, Yes expertise is essential but I also pay attention to bedside manners, respect shown to me as a patient, how an office is run, etc. I have been pleased with all so far. AND last but not least - I am still astounded at the difference in my sight now - and plan to begin donating to the Mission Cataract Foundation to help to restore others to this clarity. It is just wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

While I was rather shocked to discover that I needed cataract surgery when I thought all I needed was a new prescription, I was exceptionally pleased that my neighbors referred me to the Center for sight . Doctors Lenhart and Shoemaker and every single staff member I came in contact with were all very professional knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. Many thanks to you all.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Initial consultation was not a very good experience. Once that was addressed and handled the surgery was fine and my vision is better than I had expected. Having issues with the billing department and difficulty with getting them to fix it.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I was very pleased with Dr. Shoemaker and his entire staff from the very initial exams to the post-op recovery. Everything went just as it had been explained to me, which Dr. Shoemaker and his staff are very thorough to do. The experience is truly amazing and totally pain free. I love the results of my restored vision and couldn't be happier that I chose Dr. Shoemaker as my cataract surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

As an ophthalmologist I have many choices on where to go for eye surgery. My distance vision was excellent going in but I was tired of wearing reading glasses. Dr. Shoemaker selected the perfect lens for my situation - I now see great at all distances with no glasses. His surgical technique, the patient experience and the results are all best-in-class. I would (and do) send all my friends and family to Dr. Shoemaker. It takes a top surgeon to operate on a 20/20 eye and improve the vision--that's what I experienced and I could not be happier with the result.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Very helpful and efficient staff. Surgery went extremely well especially the second eye. Dr. Shoemaker deserves his excellent reputation

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr Shoemaker is outstanding, and his staff is unfailingly helpful. Speaking as a psychiatrist I can say, the staff and Dr Shoemaker take the stress out of cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Couldn't be more pleased with with Dr. Shoemaker and the entire staff. First eye done and enjoying how great i caan see. Can't wait for eye # 2!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Wonderful!! My second eye was just completed and everything worked exactly the way he said it would

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

My cataract surgery was amazing. No pain, quick, and my sight is excellent! The whole experience was wonderful!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Venice, FL