You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Submitted December 27, 2015

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

All my concerns were addressed. All questions were answered. Dr. Shoemaker made every effort to relieve my anxieties and there are a few. I can vision a long relationship with Center For Sight.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

What an amazing experience throughout the entire concierge practice. We were walked through and explained all phases of care by very kind, efficient and experienced team members. From the time we were greeted to the follow-up call when I arrived home; but my special thanks to you, Dr. Shoemaker, you are #1 in my book. I can see better now than I ever have in my life. Thank You.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

The entire staff was exceptional. Made me feel very comfortable with the procedure and explained everything. The improvement in my eye sight is fantastic. Will be sure to recommend Dr. Shoemaker and Center for Sight to anyone looking into Cataract Surgery.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Shoemaker owes me a total refund + for all he put me thru in 2014. In spite of him, I got my vision restored. I asked him what it would be after attempting to fix it and it said HOW WOULD I KNOW, YOU COULD BE DEAD TOMORROW. he put in the wrong prescription lens for my cataract surgery. Finally, I got a letter at the end of 2014 where his office wouldn't see me anymore. AMEN... I wish I would have received that prior to his surgery mishap. Almost a year out of my life. Worth a lot to me. He doesn't care at all.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful!! My second eye was just completed and everything worked exactly the way he said it would"

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Go elsewhere for your eyes. You need to keep them in top condition and this Dr. Will not do that for you. "

December 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My cataract surgery was amazing. No pain, quick, and my sight is excellent! The whole experience was wonderful!"

December 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "All my concerns were addressed. All questions were answered. Dr. Shoemaker made every effort to relieve my anxieties and there are a few. I can vision a long ..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What an amazing experience throughout the entire concierge practice. We were walked through and explained all phases of care by very kind, efficient and experie..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "always friendly and professional, comes in with a smile and remembers last visit."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The entire staff was exceptional. Made me feel very comfortable with the procedure and explained everything. The improvement in my eye sight is fantastic. Wi..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Wastes your time, money and damages your eyes. Lots of good ophthalmologists around but he's not one of them."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Shoemaker owes me a total refund + for all he put me thru in 2014. In spite of him, I got my vision restored. I asked him what it would be after attempting t..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can see so well again, it is amazing! The Center and Doctors are the very best! I would strongly recommend that you visit them soon for your sight needs."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had excellent care under Dr. Shoemaker. I never dreamed I would have this level of eyesight again. It's a real pleasure to wake up in the morning and b..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very thorough. Compared to a comparable process in Colorado doctor shoemaker wins hands down. Staff is accurate and wow fast."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Choke! Save your sight and don't go to him. It's been expensive to get mine corrected elsewhere."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor!! If you want to save your sight you need to see Dr. Shoemake. Thank you for perfet, flawless surgery."

December 21, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Poorest Opthamologist in Venice FL. NEEDS TO QUIT DAMAGING PEOPLES EYES."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shoemaker and Staff are very professional and courteous."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Retire before you damage more people's eyes. Wrong lens prescription was Inserted in cataract surgery. Lawsuit pending."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Should retire rather than keep messing up people's eyes"

November 4, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Shoemaker is no good. Just keeps billing after unsuccessful surgery due to his negligence. Need to be investigated by the Medical Board. Next step. Beware o..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "He did cataract surgery on me. Going in I had 20/25 and afterwards he screwed it up to 20/60. Cost me a lot of money, but Bascom Palmer fixed it. Shoemaker wo..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "The entrepreneur did cataract surgery on me 4-14. It was 20/25 prior to surgery and 20/25 afterwards. I caught him in several lies. His personality is horri..."

September 4, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2654006'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

March 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2654006'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 6, 2014