Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER

It's true, read the reviews, this office herds you in like cattle and everything takes so long. Initially they told me my insurance will cover their costs, and because of this they did extensive tests on my eyes with a cost over $1000. Then they started billing me and told me my insurance did not cover these tests ! They should have told me first ! Billing Dept is very unprofessional and deceitful. The staff is the problem.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Always professional with a knowledgeable, experienced staff.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Wonderful experience...I am thrilled with my new vision!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Eye surgery can be a scary thing, but Dr Shoemaker and his entire staff, from initial office visit through surgery, were top notch at communicating information, treating you like you are the only patient they have to care for, and removing any apprehension you might have. I could not be happier with the professionalism and care I received and the outcome of the surgeries!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Staff was very effecient and informative. Definity made sure I understood Dr.s orders

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

I could not be happier with my new eyes. Very satisfied with his professionalism.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I was very apprehensive going in for cataract surgeries. The second one was much easier thanks to an understanding and caring nurse staff. Although the staff is very busy with many patients the individual attention is excellent. My new vision is better than I expected. Both Dr. Lenhart and Dr. Shoemaker are expert at their craft.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I have been very pleased with my entire cataract surgery experience so far. Yes they are busy - but honestly at every step I felt that I was given the attention I needed - people acted as though they were not in a hurry and they answered my questions. I believe I am a high maintenance patient in that I am very picky about my physicians, Yes expertise is essential but I also pay attention to bedside manners, respect shown to me as a patient, how an office is run, etc. I have been pleased with all so far. AND last but not least - I am still astounded at the difference in my sight now - and plan to begin donating to the Mission Cataract Foundation to help to restore others to this clarity. It is just wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

While I was rather shocked to discover that I needed cataract surgery when I thought all I needed was a new prescription, I was exceptionally pleased that my neighbors referred me to the Center for sight . Doctors Lenhart and Shoemaker and every single staff member I came in contact with were all very professional knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. Many thanks to you all.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Initial consultation was not a very good experience. Once that was addressed and handled the surgery was fine and my vision is better than I had expected. Having issues with the billing department and difficulty with getting them to fix it.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. David W. SHOEMAKER's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan