Ratings for Dr. Norman Mccoomer

Dr McCoomer is an amazing and caring physician. His staff is absolutely wonderful. He is very caring and concerned and listens to your needs and concerns. I give Dr McCoomer a 5 star rating and highly recommend him to anyone suffering from a chronic painful condition. His nurses Kelly and Jay are absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't trust my health and care to anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Mccoomer and his staff are wonderful. They have always treated me with kindness and respect. He listened to me and we decide together a treatment plan. I completely trust Dr. Mccoomer and he always makes sure I understand all that we talk about.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr McCoomer and his staff have been really helpful to me.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. McCoomer and his staff are absolutely wonderful. He takes the time to listen to my problems and will do what it takes to improve your quality of life. He has been my pain management physician for almost 2 years and I would recommend him to anyone. He is very knowledgeable about chronic pain. I have had injections in my low back, called facet injections by multiple different physicians but his approach is absolutely wonderful. I have been close to pain free with Dr. McCoomer and I appreciate him more than he will ever know.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I was referred to him for pain managment. He did no exrays, no MRI. All. He wanted was to give me shots in my back @ 200 plus. I called because the meds are not helping. Then dr mccoomer told me if I have call too much, and needed to find another Dr. Then you have to attend for twelve weeks. I had insurance and. Every 4 months, you aRe required every quarter you are required to take. A psych. Eval a 400 4times a year!He. Treated me for the wrong diagnosis. He is a horrible doctor.

Submitted June 28, 2014

Nurses are kind and helpful! Especially Leslie...the Dr. Always listens to what I want. My only complaint would be the wait time...sometimes way too long but not always. Front desk friendly but need two people at all times.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I have been a PM patient for several years and have had some of the best experiences and a couple horrible ones. I was referred to Dr. Mc Coomer a few years ago and at first he seemed good, but once I said I did not automatically want a procedure over the phone for something he had never seen me about, he REFUSED to see me and I was told go to physical therapy and use ice...mind you, I have never had this before!!! His bedside manner is arrogant and acts like he could care less to be there or not. I am to a point that I do not know what to do and have discussed this with my insurance company and been advised what some options are, but was also warned that I could be BLACK BALLED in the PM network if I complain and he finds out. No wonder PM patients have anxiety, stress, and hurt more... I am disappointed with the service, but at a lost on what to do...I would appreciate input. And yes, you have to go through their "program" of weeks of talking

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Being a Pain Management patient for several years and having been seen by 4 other Pain Management doctors, Dr Mc Coomer is by far the best doctor I have seen. I went from being a almost completely non functional to a functional person now and I don't have to worry about being given several bottles of pills. He listens to me and my concerns and his approach is a whole body care not a pill pusher. He has improved my quality of life and has shown me respect where others have not. I greatly appreciate Dr Mc Coomer and all he has done for me!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

I was a patient in the hospital with appendisitis.He looked at my computer med list and I recived no meds except for tylenol and a lortab5 every six hrs .His office was called numerous amounts of times and nor him or any of the dr in his practice called back. I had surgery. Which he had writen if this is her appendix d/c pain med after sugery. I have had migraines for 20yrs. And all he did was treat me like a drug addict.Also they will not see you at that office if you are a cash paying pt It is up to dr Willis. So I went home after sugery and my surgeon had Rx on my chart wating for me so I could get some comfort after having severe abd pain for weeks.Not once did I see this MD or anyone in his practice while I was at the hospital.I have had counseling there and would go back for that {which was pd every time}I would not recommend any Md in this office.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Terrible experience. Before getting your chronic pain and anxiety under control this man does very invasive and expensive procedures. They run this scam that requires you come in several times a week and to make sure you keep coming back they give you 5 days of medication. They have a self-help class that you must attend and for $60 you listen to the instructor ramble on with a select few people and elave learning nothing. They require you see their physical therapist and if you don't you get charged $60 and your meds cut off. The cost was $1200 for 4 weeks and all they did was violate me with needles, quack procedures and false hopes. In fact after they did the first set of injections I was out of work for 1 week because of pain and anxiety. I know CP requires working with a Doctor, but this guy wouldn't spend more than 10 minuites with me and did not listen to anything I said. Avoid the cost and anxiety and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

Dr. Norman Mccoomer's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Healthnet