Ratings for Dr. Carlin H. Senter

First of all, it took forever to get an appointment, but she was supposedly the expert, so I risked permanent damage to my knee and girded for a 3-month wait to see her (After she cancelled on me at the last minute at the 6-week timeframe). When she finally saw me, she had the asinine idea that my loud clicking in knee was "normal" and a result of not being strong enough (despite being triathlete) Her diagnosis: The sudden loud clicking and pain in my knee was normal for 40-year olds, and to just ignore it. She refused to perform an MRI to confirm, saying it would be a waste of resources, however she DID idiotically choose to do a completely useless X-ray of my damaged cartilage. One year later, I have chronic pain and weakness and a second opinion has confirmed that I had a textbook case of a torn medial meniscus. If it had been treated sooner, I would have likely made a full recovery, without risk of osteoarthritis. Now, I will probably always have knee pain and get arthritis, too.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Dr. Carlin H. Senter's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Brown & Toland Physicians