Ratings for Dr. Alan J. Parks

Stay away from this practice. Dr. Parks prescribed an antibiotic for an extended period of time, resulting in complications of semimembranous colitis that could have been foreseen and remedied with the experience and knowledge of a properly trained dermatologist. There is extensive literature that details how and why this happens as the antibiotic effects the balance of gut flora and allows C. difficile bacteria to grow unchecked, releasing toxins in the colon. Dr. Parks denied it as an effect of the prescription and recommended seeing another health care professional about it. Negligent and unethical treatment about which the State Board of Medicine will be notified.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

So disappointed. I had been going to this practice for years, but I realized from my last two appts that both my history and even worse, the allergies listed in my chart were ignored. Scary. There are some nice associates here, but I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

As a RN and a patient, I do expect a certain level of professionalism and kindness when I choose a doctor. This office is run very poorly and Dr. Parks is downright rude with patients. I have never had a doctor spend so little time with me. I have also seen Sara Taylor,PA-C in this practice - she is very professional and did listen to my concerns, but unfortunately, that is not enough to convience me to return to this practice. There are many other dermatology practices in Columbus to choose from.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

nice

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Alan J. Parks's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1983)

Delta Dental