Ratings for Dr. Dan V. Freeland

If you want a referral, forget it. I call and leave a message asking for a referral and no one calls me back. I will call back several weeks later and talk to a live person and they tell me they will do the referral right then. I get no call back about whether it has been done or not. I needed 2 referrals in October of 2012 and was told since it had been six months since they had seen me, I need to come in before they would give referrals. I did, paid $25 to see the nurse practitioner - and found out three months later, neither of the 2 referrals I requested were ever made. Dr. Freeland is okay if you can stomach the incompetency of his staff.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I arrived 15 minutes early for my appt, only to be told I was already 20 minutes late b/c they require you to show up 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Which of course I was never told this b/c I could never get a real person to call me back, they only replied to my e-mails. The receptionist then tells me she would need to check w/ the Dr. to see if I can still be seen. She comes back and asks what ins co I have, after I tell her what I had she lets me know I am unable to see the Dr. but I can see the nurse practitioner. Considering this is my first appt I want to see the Dr. not a nurse practitioner. She then tells me she will need to r/s my appt since I was late. Needless to say I won’t be going back and will be finding a Dr. w/ much more helpful staff. Also did I mention the waiting room was completely empty and I was the only one there!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Dan V. Freeland's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Illinois