Ratings for Dr. David S. Wishnew

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

This guy is a jerk! I went to Dr. Wishnew about about 13 yrs ago for a breast augmentation. Shortly after my sugery I noticed that one of my breasts was falling quite a bit lower, almost under my armpit, when I laid on my back. When I brought it to his attention at one of my initial follow-ups he blamed me and said that I must not have been massaging them regularly and that THAT breast was the one that was "behaving" properly. Then, almost angrily, he had me stand up against a wall as he pushed as hard as he could on my other breast to get it to move as freely as the one I was concerned about. I thought my chest was going to cave in! That's how hard he was pushing. When I told him, at another visit, that I still wasn't happy about the way it fell so low (flattening one side of my chest), while the other stayed nicely in place, he responded by saying, "Would you like me to show you a picture of what you looked like before?" He was a total jerk...and a slob!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr. Wishnew performed a rhinoplasty/septoplasty on me 16 years ago and botched the job! After the first surgery there was almost NO difference - my nose was crooked still and my profile actually looked WORSE! I paid him to try again a second time and it was no better - I was out more $$$ and he became very aggressive - it was awful! I have lived for 16 years with a nose that looks worse than it did pre-surgery, and my septum is still deviated; I can barely breathe out of the left side of my nose. After finally having the money to have a THIRD surgery done on my nose I have consulted with reputable plastic surgeons and they are all shocked at what this incompetent "doctor" did to my nose. Ugh. Oh, and a revision rhinoplasty is BIG BUCKS and comes with much more risk. Dr. Wishnew should lose his license! Google him and you will be shocked.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Wishnew is by far and away the best physician I have ever been to see. He has an incredible bed side manner and ability to explain to patients what is going on in way that made me feel so much better. I was nervous about what what was going on until Dr. Wishnew came in. He spent thirty minutes with me talking to me and he used terminology that made sense and I could tell that he purposefully used non-medical terminology to make me comfortable and help me to understand what was going on with me. I would seriously recommend anyone going to Dr. Wishnew. He will make sure that you are treated well and that you are given all the advice you need until you feel comfortable. Fantastic physician; I wish all physicians were exactly like Dr. Wishnew.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

I had the best experience with him. He is a great listener and overall a excellent plastic surgeon. Not only is he wonderful but the staff in the office are sooooo sweet they treated me so good from the moment i called to make an appointment till my last visit. excellent group of people and i couldnt be any happier with my results =)

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

This doctor's bedside manner is very abrupt and sarcastic once you have committed to his services. (During consultation he was much more amiable, proving he can be pleasant when it serves his purpose.) I had abdominal wall reconstruction done. I feel that the procedure itself was done acceptably, although not wonderfully. After care, however, was less than compassionage, rushed, and unsatisfactory. When I expressed concern as I am a rape survivor and have serious issues about being unclothed, I remember his staff telling me he was like a "teddy bear". He was very understanding during the consult, and even allowed me to provide my own pictures for the insurance company. However, post op, I would have to say he was more like a "grizzley bear".

flag | Submitted May 11, 2007

I had several consults prior to surgery & felt confident with his plan. Very few of the things we dicussed were followed through with. At all follow up visits he had the bedside manner of Atilla the Hun. He no longer has an assistant and is very busy... I wasn't moving fast enough and he actually picked me up roughly & without permission under my arms and plopped me down in the chair. He was very rough with me during my follow up care. If something he did was hurting me, he wouldn't stop or even pause for that manner. If he were a dentist, you could expect him to grab the pliers and yank! I'm surprised I got anesthesia and not a leather strap & bottle of whiskey. I've had 6 surgeries in my life and have NEVER been treated like this before. This doctor basically thinks he knows everything and is going to do what he wants regardless of patient wishes.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2007

VERY informative. Helpful staff since new staff arrived. Excellent quality service, surgery and care

flag | Submitted August 14, 2006

pure psychopath! mean, rude, and nasty. abusive to patients and staff. had fat transfer lip augmentation done there, and because he is a doctor that not only bristles up when you come in knowing what you want, but then abuses you whilein his chair. example...HE decided not to use a full mouth anesthetic block, when i tried to sit up and ask him what he was doing...he literally pushed my head back in the chair, and forceably shoved a 2 1/2 inch long 16 gauge needle thru my upper lip. i screamed, and was actually fighting to get the heck out of his chair. i cried uncontrollably, and he left the room. i yelled to his nurse Mary...why did he do that? and she just hugged me and said i do not know!.....he is nuts! not recommended! scary person with sharp instruments!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2006

Dr. David S. Wishnew's Credentials

• Univ Libre De Bruxelles, Fac De Med Et De Pharm, Bruxelles, (Grad. 1979)