Ratings for Dr. Ricardo J. Fermo

Dr. Fermo is great. I've been seeing him 10+ yes and he's the best there is.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Compassionate, dynamic, knowledge! Doctor Fermo spend ample enough time to do a full evaluation, provides education and knowledge how about what he is treating that is understandable today's patients. His staff is very cordial and his waiting room Area it's beautiful and call me to wait in. Most of the time, he is on time, But when he is running behind the staff always let you know how long it will be. I know there have been times when I was in crisis that Dr. Fermo spent time he needs to you to help me improve my situation

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Fermo is not a bad man. I think he has good intentions. He is deeply knowledgeable about psychiatry. He can be very cruel however if you struggle to take a medication. I experienced major side effects and he was not supportive at all recommending another medication for instance. He absolutely loves to communicate how he feels non-verbally which would drive me CRAZY. Sigh. Grimace. Roll his eyes. Cheshire grin. He does it all. He truly lacks a human touch. He has no personal life experience with mental illness including his family. It's his job and a big paycheck it truly is. He was featured in the local Post and Courier for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last few years from big pharma far more than any other psychiatrist in the Charleston area . Maybe that's why he got angry when I discontinued a medication which gave me horrible side effects? I don't know and I don't care. I see a new psychiatrist now who receives very little compensation from big pharma and displays compassion and understanding over my mental illness. Please move along and see another psychiatrist who lacks a conflict of interest and outwardly possesses human compassion and sympathy for their patients.

Submitted February 9, 2015

When life was at its darkest point, Dr. Fermo shed a lot of light. Not only a great Dr, but a great man. He listens and communicates. Not just another pill pusher! I met him almost 15 years ago and still see him once or twice a year.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

staff is rude. recent visit have been short. Fermo not spending as much time with my child

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Fermo is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. He has been more helpful to me and my family

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Fermo saved my family because he saved my life. Many people don't understand me when I say this, but the truth is if he didn't help me when he did I would have taken my own life. I have seen many psychiatrist and have been in and out of inpatient psychiatry at Palmetto and IOP told many things by many doctors and still know one could give me the help me. While at Palmetto someone told me about Dr. Fermo and told me to try switching doctors to see if I could get better results. After switching physicians my life has never been the same. I have never been stable the way I am. I now have quality of life and now that I am happier and healthy so is my family. My condition was breaking me down, but he helped bring me back. This guy really knows his stuff. He took me off of all of my medications that I have been taking for years and started me on a new regimen. Doesn't sound like a lot to some people, but he did for me what 3 other psychiatrist could not do!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr Fermo is great. He really cares about your problems and concerns. He is extremely knowledgeable about the different medications. He wants to find what works best for you so you can be happy. Dr Fermo is the best!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

He is very thorough, understanding, and spends time with you. He doesn't just try to throw medications at you. You can tell he is very methodical in his approach. He really seems to care and he gets to the heart of your problems. He referred me to psychotherapy which he said would be the right fit for me and he was right. That combined with a very simple regiment of medications has made my life so much better. I don't think anyone knows pharmacology like he does and he explains why he's prescribing it, how it works and what to expect. He really walks you through it when other doctors just prescribe with out explanation.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Fermo is the best! He is courteous, knowledgeable and ver professional.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Ricardo J. Fermo's Credentials

• Far Eastern Univ, Dr N Reyes Med Fndn Inst Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners