Ratings for Dr. Jerold J. Kreisman

Other psychiatrists gave up on me-Kreisman never did. I've seen him for 17 years and he's saved my life!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. K is a caring gentleman and total professional. He is very knowledgeable about the latest medications & research. Other docs have told me he is one of the best in STL. His recommendations for treatment are conservative. I appreciate that! Great for women. I am very happy with Dr. Kreisman -- and I am a female.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Not a good psychiatrist for females, especially those in their teens. Was far too interested in if my daughter was intimate with her boyfriend and then wanted her to provide details. Advocates that anyone with borderline personality disorder needs higher than normal doses of medication, without consideration for individual biochemistry. Arrogant, demeaning, and thinks he is a god.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

A close family member has seen Dr. Kreisman for over a decade. This family member has been diagnosed with bipolar and has been "treated" this whole time by Kreisman. For all of these yrs, this patient has been on numerous meds, always unstable, and the only "fix" from this was a "new med..." Recently, I contacted him due to a medical emergency involving his patient being extremely manic, to the point of hurting himself and/or others. I called twice leaving messages saying it was a medical emergency. 3rd time I called, 3 hrs later, I demanded he get on the phone. He told me to go to the ER, which is out of the question for this patient, as he would refuse. He said he couldn't assist me in any way and it was a "waiting game" for us....If you treat someone for 10 yrs and tell their family to just "wait it out," you do not belong in the medical world. Now, I "wait it out" and hope this person makes it out alive. Just talk with this Dr. and you will see how cold this man really is.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Doesn't properly inform patients of medication side-effects. Be warned: if you see him you will ALWAYS be assumed to have borderline personality by any future doctors or therapists and it may negatively impact your treatment.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

So understanding and nice to my daughter and my husband! We took a cancelled appt for a new patient and Dr. Kreisman was very interested & helpful by responding to my daughters needs so quickly. Highest rating I would give to any doctor!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

Dr. Jerold J. Kreisman's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1973)