Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Valle

He diagnosed sever sleep apnea and ordered CPAP with pressure settings of 4 to 15. The starting pressure seems a bit to low for me. Initially I have to take a few breaths outside the mask because I feel I'm not getting enough air. Once the pressure ramps up to 6 or 7 I'm good to go for the evening. I told the doctor this and was hoping he would make an adjustment. He came back with that he was going to set the pressure at a static 12. When I told him at that pressure the mask is being pushed off my face, he did nothing. He didn't want to hear anything I said. For my other sleep and night time issues he was going to prescribe meds that I new I could not take. He didn't give me a chance to let him know that I have a badly damaged liver and those meds were tried before and caused be quite a bit of harm to me. A few days of use and basically overdosing. Anyway he left the room. I went to the counter to pay my deductable. There I overheard him in his office dictating the notes from my visit. He mentioned that he was met with 'push back' when trying to come up with possible treatments. I guess because the office staff didn't try to arrange a future appointment that he has no desire to see me again. Probably just as well, because the last two visits have been a waste of my time, money and the insurance company's money. I got the impression that he was interested in treating just the 'low hanging fruit'. If you have a complicated medical history go somewhere else. His office suggested that I might need to be sent to Columbus, but they didn't do anything about that either.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Worst Doctor that I have ever been to. I agree it takes month to get tests scheduled and follow-up appointments. Relies too heavily on PA's and do not look at patients in a holistic view. Doesn't take time, rambles and in general is very smug.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Went to Dr. Valle for neurological and nervous system issues - it took several weeks to get an appoinment- and he ordered many tests and scans - all of which had to be scheduled many weeks out. One of the many symptoms that I complained of was Restless Leg Syndrome. In my case my leg muscles visibly tense without my doing anything to signal it - it's such an obvious outwardly visible issue that all one has to do is simply look at my leg for 30 seconds. Rather than do this, a test was scheduled - weeks out - to have 6 inch long needles inserted in many areas of my legs. I didn't mind really- but what I did mind was another month long wait to be told that he didn't think I had Restless Leg Syndrome and they weren't really sure what it was. He said I should wait and see what it was. I could have done that without 5 different appointments over 6 months! His staff - particularly the women who answer the phones are horrible! They are extremely condescending. I will NEVER go back to this practice again.

Submitted September 3, 2014

Extremely helpful, staff extremely polite and helpful too. He really cares about getting you the right treatment.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

The best doctor I've ever seen. He always knows exactly what I'm trying to say even thought it's hard to explain it. Dr. Valle takes his time with me and truley seems to care about me as a person not just another patient. His nurse is extremelly friendly and always retuns my calls within the same day.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2006

Quiet but timid. Asked the patient what medication to be on. Doesn't instill confidence in him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2006

Dr. Valle is very polite, knowledgeable, and personable. Calls to his office are answered within 24 hrs. He checks in with his office even when he's on vacation.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2006

Dr. Michael J. Valle's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1986)