Ratings for Dr. Allison J. Maclennan

I saw her as part of an IME exam with L and I. She gets paid a lot of money to tell the State exactly what they want to disallow benefits. She is 40 years old and retired. I find that interesting which proves by the comments below she is not a good surgeon. When I asked her why she is "retired," she replied she likes a more integrative approach. Hmmmmm......medical school ain't cheap! I get that, but you do not always have that choice with arthritis, cartilage tears, etc. She is not to be trusted and now works for L and I and gets paid bucks to deceive an injured worker. Easy money! Shame on you Allison. You obviously never followed the Hippocratic Oath.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I visited Dr. Maclennan recently for a very painful cyst I have on the back of my hand. I have already had surgery on this cyst, and have educated myself on the variety of cysts and treatments available. I have never met a more disinterested, cold and condescending doctor in my life. She barely spent 5 minutes, misdiagnosed the kind of cyst I actually have (not a ganglion, as stated in the medical records I forwarded in advance that she hadn't bothered to read), and went on her way without offering any treatment or medication for pain. She needs to work on her "bedside manner" skills and attention to detail. She also never washed her hands, and sat right down and started touching my wrist. Gross! I hate that I had to pay an office visit bill for this ridiculous waste of my time.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I went to see Dr. MacLennan for very painful hands and joints. Firstly, her Check in post person was LATE. Secondly, I was moved to a room where I sat for 20 minutes. When the Doctor arrived, she did not wash her hands. She looked at my hands. She did not ask me any questions. Was completely aloof. I was sent for a regular X-ray. I was expecting her to go over the X-ray with me as I saw it on the computer screen. Then it was gone. Again Dr. MacLennan came in the room and said I had some arthritis, which I already knew, and then proceeded to tell me to research Eastern Medicine therapies. I was astounded. She never ask me any questions, did not fully explain what my condition was. I left my appointment not knowing much at all about my condition. I am fully disabled and I pay $1300.00 per month for my family Health insurance which is excellent insurance coupled with my payment for Medicare. Very disappointing. Medicare needs to look into her practices as they are not, "best practices."

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr. Maclennan was very personable and professional. I was impressed that she took the time to cast my hand/finger by herself instead of passing that off to an associate. It was her good work and thoughtful advice that I think had a lot to do with my recovery. Every time I arrived at her office, the staff had my xray information prepared and I often had my xrays complete 5 minutes after my appointment began.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I was referred to Dr. MacLennan at Washington Hand Surgery by my GP. Although I'm sure Dr MacLennan is a fine hand doctor her office had me at my appt an hour early and then still couldn't see me. It never ceases to amaze me people put up with this. So, if you make an appt. to see the good Doctor please specify to the receptionist on the phone you want an exact time for your appt and have them assure they won't be too late. There are plenty of good Docs out there; find one whose office personnel takes your time seriously. Sorry Dr. MacLennan, you need to instruct your office staff to be more considerate of your patients time, or better manage yours.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

Not yet comfortable giving many details b/c I'm still dealing w/ Dr. MacLennan, but, she is a HORRIBLE communicator. Asking questions feels like pulling teeth from a frightened child. It is as though she's either trying to protect herself from an assumed danger, condescendingly thinks her patients wouldn't understand full/real answers to their questions, or, most horrifyingly possible, has a facility for rote execution as a surgeon, but little in terms of actual understanding of the type one needs to speak intelligibly or...I dunno, deal with things when they don't go completely by the book. I give her a 3 of 5 in knowledge ONLY because she MAY possibly be a good surgeon, but with communication that poor, it's nearly impossible to judge her knowledge or potentially shocking lack thereof. Even if she may be aspberger's-good at surgery, avoid if you have the option. Feel bad for her staff - they frequently seem on-eggshells - wonder why. Reschedules a lot too - that's nbd comparatively.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

I was referred to Dr. MacLennan after I cut through my tendon. After the initial "miscommunication" of her and her staff not knowing that I was pregnant (written on every intake form I filled out), her scheduler threw a fit about one scheduling conflict and finally scheduled me for surgery 1 DAY AFTER my "scheduling nightmare." Surgery went fantastic, which luckily is the only thing she's good. Her discharge instructions were unclear and she later denied that she had written incorrect instructions. Between my husband and I, we called the office 3 separate times to confirm instructions, and her office told us that we weren’t supposed to see her for 10 days and that they would call us with therapy referral. Then I sat in her office for 15 minutes while she lectured me about not going to hand therapy after her office didn’t’ t call me. She was uninterested in understanding the lapse in communication or making my experience better in any way. I would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Dr. Allison J. Maclennan's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 2002)

Commercial Insurance Company