Ratings for Dr. John C. LOWRY

This Dr has me in and out of his office in a matter of 5 minutes. He takes my weight, blood pressure and then the same conversation every visit. "Do you have thoughts of suicide?" No. "Do you hear voices?" No. "Ok, I'll see you again in 2 months." Gives me my Rx and sends me on my way.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Dr. Lowery is always in a rush. He asks questions, but offers no therapy. He has actually said to me "you need to talk to a counselor about that. My appointment is supposed to be half an hour, but he shuffles me out the door in 5 minutes. He has been mostly helpful with my medication, but he seems completely disinterested in his profession. He can also be rude at times and talks down to his patients flexing his credential, I suppose. Overall he is a prescription writer, don't count on any helpful advice.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Insurance changes forced me to see this Dr. He refused to continue my prescription treatment plan that has been working for me for the last 6 yrs. Would not prescribe meds as he said "I have a moral objection to these medications". I require meds for several mental health issues and he seems to have no problem putting my mental health at risk. How can you have any "moral objections" to psych meds when you claim to be a psychiatrist? This causes me concern and I will not be seeing him again even if I have to pay to see another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Not helpful whatsoever. I was diagnosed with something years ago and he denied that I had been and would not prescribe my medication that I had been taking for years. He also thought he knew everything and some of his comments were rude. Seems nice at first, but I doubt he should be in this line of work.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011