Ratings for Dr. Robert Shapiro

Very attentive, caring and knowledgeable. Goes out of his way to honestly educate his patients about their illness and options. Focuses on prevention and encourages a proactive mindset for staying healthy.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

worst medical practice I've had been to - constantly late, rude, ignorant staff, will find any reason to perform non-essential , expensive, diagnostics to bill your insurance for. would not recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Terrible experience. Office was completely empty, but Dr. Shapiro insisted on scheduling another appointment two weeks later to actually look into my problem. What did he do during the first visit. I couldn't tell you, but the bill from my insurance company said he took a throat culture and did blood work. Unless he knocked me out, all I remember was him using the stethoscope, weighing me, and looking in my nose and my ears. I was so disappointed that I cancelled the second appointment and found a different doctor - then I received a bill for the second appointment even though I wasn't there! The office is in a shady old house and none of the office equipment has been updated since the 70s. Don't go to him just because he has a degree from a reputable university (Cincinnati). He is obviously hurting for cash and doesn't mind exploiting his patients. I would have rated his knowledge but he didn't even tell me anything. Absolutely disgraceful experience.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Dr. Robert Shapiro's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

• BCBS Illinois