Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Christiano

If you need counseling services to help with a family court case involving custody of your children, you absolutely want to RUN from Dr. Daniel J. Christiano and East Valley Counseling Associates!!! These people are 100% unethical, self-serving and dishonest and do not care what's best for your children. In 2011 (harmful ramifications of Christiano's unethical care persist into 2016) my ex-wife filed for divorce with a lying bulldog attorney. Despite my professional background, I was unemployed and could not afford an attorney of my own. Lopsided representation led to orders that I submit to forensic counseling. I went to Daniel Christiano because when interviewed he said he would help me. Through exhaustive testing and counseling with him, Christiano's professional opinion was there was no reason to restrict my time with my children, in which he was correct. However, when presenting this in court, my ex's attorney manipulated testimony from Christiano that he did not intend, including that I should have MORE counseling before normal time with my children could begin. I was furious and Christiano apologized, explaining how he couldn't control himself under pressure, and offered to fulfill the new requirements with fee-free counseling with a graduate student-level intern, Tyler Maxon. Even though the judge questioned the wisdom of this, Christiano pridefully insisted he could manage communication with his intern and see this through. Meanwhile my children and I continued to suffer from inadequate, unhealthy, unjustifiably diminished parenting time. Following through with imposed requirements, sessions with Maxon led to an official, court-filed recommendation to increase my parenting time. But Christiano apparently HAD NOT adequately conversed with Maxon or reviewed his notes. When my ex's attorney called to manipulate Christiano further, rather than adhere to professional boundaries and include me and my new attorney in these conversations, Christiano instead engaged in illegal ex-parte communication, was weak in defending his recommendation and allowed coercion to RETRACT his recommendation to increase my parenting time. Now I was livid! Long story short, the family court declared the whole experience with Christiano void and required more counseling at a cost of over $8000 to me and another 2+ years of inadequate time with my precious children. Thank God I finally got a good job to pay everyone to dig out of this mess! Without court rules that provide immunity from malpractice and code-of-conduct violations, I absolutely have grounds for a winning case against Christiano. Avoid Dr. Daniel Christiano at all costs!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Since the beginning of our case, Dr. Christiano did not want to be involved; he even said so on several occasions. He has false documented and plays one parent against the other. I believe that he enjoys working as a court ordered TI so that complaints cannot be filed against him. It is also quite uncomfortable when you are speaking with him and he is constantly starting at your chest. His recommendations are not clinically sound. The staff answered questions that the Dr should have- which is unethical and breech of confidentiality. He communicated with other party, ex parte.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Christiano's for approximately 9 years and in that time there has been consistent and measurable progress for me. Dr. Christiano is professional, well-educated and very empathetic in his approach to helping one reach their personal goals towards wellness. I personally believe that I am very lucky to have this caretaker direct my individual path to wellness.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have used Dr. Christiano in my professional practice as an expert and as a therapist. He is excellent. Having dealt for many years in the Maricopa County Court system, where there is usually always a winner and a looser in the eyes of my clients', it is this doctor, and only this doctor, who actually seems to garner, more often than not, the cooperation and appreciation of both sides. Even after a party might "loose" or be "chastened" by the powers of the court or the doctor, it is usually in the end a full circle wherein -in the healing journey- both parties and their children are very gland this excellent doctor participated in curing their dysfunction. He is not just a Band-Aid, he cares, is mostly very patient, and can see the good as much as the areas a person needs constructive criticism or very direct appraisal of a problem personality trait .

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

My opinion based on interactions with Christiano is that his only real interest is money and control. In initial interactions he made no indication of interest in the patient or their welfare. Instead Christiano's only concern was demanding large sums of money up front and demanding acceptance of his prefab rules that essentially left him free of any responsibility or accountability. I would never trust Christiano with any of my children and had him removed from my case.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I have never met a therapist with such knowledg. He helped both me and my children.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I thought my children would be better off spending most of their time in my home. Dr. Christiano helped me understand that children need both parents, and now they spend equal time with my ex-husband and myself because that's the best way. They are happy, well-adjusted children and their father learned to be a great dad. I am so happy with the recommendations Dr. Christiano made.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr Christiano was able to bring my ex and I to agreement on issues we'd been fighting about for a long time. Our three kids are much happier and communication with my ex goes much more smoothly. The staff was helpful about working around our difficult work schedules. The doctor tended to run a little behind, but that's pretty much the norm. We were very pleased overall.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

As our PC Dr Christiano did the least amount of intervention possible to justify getting paid. He made accusations against Father to the court without working the issues with Father first. If you expect a PC to do a complete job of addressing your issues you will be disappointed, He is a one shot wonder, collect the money and go on to the next client with a pot of gold for him. The only reason I don't give him completely terrible ratings is that our next PC Weinstock was even worse.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Staff answered questions regarding our case that Dr. Christiano should have communicated directly to us. It was also unprofessional how he would communicate with the other party ex parte. He also made me uncomfortable when he called my child manipulative. I've caught him staring inappropriately at my chest.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015