Ratings for Dr. Atef Mohty

I met Dr. Mohty in the late 90's after my brother was seriously injured in a near-fatal car accident. While other doctors opted for amputation of the arm, Dr. Mohty pieced his arm/hand back together like a jigsaw puzzle. Today, although scarred, my brother has a full functioning arm and hand. His arm/hand are functional due to the expertise of this professional and caring doctor. Since the 90's, my mother has been a two time patient (carpal tunnel) as well as my husband (broken hand due to a crazy broomball incident!) This year, it was "my turn." I needed a basal joint arthoplasty surgery. I would trust no one else with this task. Dr. Mohty was able to give me the function and take the pain away from my dominant hand. As an active woman who loves to cook and play pickleball, I have my hand back, stronger than ever! Dr. Mohty is thorough, precise, caring and excellent. I would highly encourage anyone who wants the function of their hand back, to visit our family's only hand surgeon! Thank you Dr. Mohty and Angela for your great care!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

My primary care physician recommended Dr. Mohty for a “tendon release” surgery to correct a trigger finger situation in my left hand. I did not know Dr. Mohty before, but when visiting his office for the first time I noticed a “Top 10 Doctor’s“ article posted on the wall of his waiting room. My first visit was for a consultation. My wife accompanied me to that visit. We found Dr. Mohty (and his receptionist) very friendly. He looked at my hand and gave me three options: 1) Cortisone injections – but he said they seldom work very well, 2) do nothing until the problem becomes worse, or 3) Tendon Release surgery. I opted for #2 at the time. Five months later, the trigger finger did become worse. I returned to Dr. Mohty to discuss the Tendon Release surgery option. Surprisingly, he reviewed his notes from my visit 5 months prior and he had made detailed comments about me, my situation and even some of the comments my wife and I had made during that first visit. His notes were quite personable and even humorous at times. We instantly knew that he liked his patients and the wellbeing of them. During the 5 months after the first visit, we did a bit of research about Dr. Mohty. We found he was educated in France at the Universite De Montpellier. His residency was in the Phoenix area. We also found that he has received several local awards: Patients' Choice Award, On-Time Doctor Award, Compassionate Doctor Recognition, Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area, Top 10 Doctor – City, and Top 10 Doctor – State. I highlighted the Compassionate Doctor Recognition because that is the way he and his office staff are. I had the Tendon Release procedure done and I am totally satisfied. It was fast and done in a top-quality surgery center. Dr. Mohty lived up to his ratings. He treats his patients as his friends. He is very sociable and humorous. I highly recommend Dr. Mohty.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I've seen Dr. Atef Mohty several times for issues with my hand and wrist. He's an amazing person and physician. He is kind, intelligent, and a wonderful listener. He explains everything in detail and treated me like a very important individual. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Excellent! Dr Mohty and his staff are professionals who treat you with great respect. He has operated on all fingers on my right hand-over 9 years-no pain- mimimal scaring-great doctor

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr Mohty is extremely skillful in the art and science of healing. From his courteous staff to the care he took in the diagnostic process, listening and explaining conditions and treatment options, my experience in treating what was quite painful tendinitis was literally a quick relief. I found Dr. Mohty to be honest, direct, perceptive of my needs as a patient and was grateful to be treated immediately once a diagnosis was confirmed.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Mohty is a perfectionist and passionate about what he does - after surgery, my son followed Dr. Mohty's instructions precisely, and we couldn't be more pleased with the outcome and healing!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Atef Mohty is a wonderful and an amazing hand doctor. He as helped with by broken wrist, when urent care said it was not broken. I later found Dr. Mohty who was able to help. He is also a wonderful, kind professional man who took care of my mother's hands when she needed surgery for Dupetryne's on both hands. Not only did he help fix her hands, he was very kind, understanding, as well as compassionate. And...because my mom did what he said, "Elevate, elevate, elevate!" She truly had no pain. NO. Pain. Thank you, Dr. Mohty.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Mohty recently repaired my trigger thumb. He also did surgery on my wife a year ago. He is a great doctor with great customer service.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I have undergone three hand surgeries at the most capable hands of Dr. Mohty and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. My office visits were conveniently scheduled and always on time. The surgeries were flawless and totally successful. The scarring is almost impossible to locate and I couldn't be happier with the treatment from this kind and conscientious doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Mohty is the finest hand surgeon in our community. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and attentive to the patient's needs. He listens very carefully and exercises good judgment in patient care. I would recommend him to all my family and friends. Dr. Mohty possesses surgical skills in hand surgery that very few doctors have.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Atef Mohty's Credentials

• German

• Univ De Montpellier I, Uer De Med, Montpellier, France (Grad. 1981)