Ratings for Dr. Margaux R. Emanuel

We occasionally have to wait for her. She also seems to recite the same monologue and or/dialogue every check up for our baby, this last one was nearly verbatim to the one prior (yes, I remembered it as soon as I heard it). It doesn't necessarily seem as though she is in a hurry, but she doesn't personalize our experience at all, and is out of the exam room in 10 minutes or less. I feel like she finally remembers our faces, after a year, but no details about our child's development. She has even forgotten how old our kid was, more than once. She also gives very generic advice, without taking into consideration our stand point or parenting style (which she likely has no clue about, since she doesn't really engage us in conversation about it). Generic advice is fine, I guess, but it does make it seem like she thinks there is just one way to do things, which isn't great. She is undoubtedly knowledgeable in her field, but not the right fit for us.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I came in with several concerns to bring up with the doctor. Dr. Emanuel was patient, knowledgeable, and answered all of my questions. She was very friendly and professional. Definitely recommended.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

Dr. Margaux R. Emanuel's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 2006)