Ratings for Dr. Bruce G. Rankin

My complaint is not with the providers but with the horrible office staff. Negligent and ignorant to basic medical knowledge. My grandfather transferred to him after his pcp of many years retired. The provider he saw was good. His health has always been great, but recently was needing a referral to some specialists. Nothing was done despite multiple phone calls and even went by the office! Finally got results after my uncle threatened a suit. Then they even screwed that up. As a medical assistant I understand how difficult working in a drs office can be sometimes but this is unacceptable! A nephrologist and a nephrologist are two totally different specialties. Needed one but got the other. Then LIED on the phone stating that they do not give referrals and that that was the pts responsibility to handle. I find that extremely unlikely that a pcp doesn't send out referrals (again I have worked medical for a while). I really wish something would be done about this.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I think the world of Bruce, I trust him with me and my family whole family. I have been with him almost 30 years yet it seems he's to busy. no one answers the phone , you have to leave a message that never gets returned.it takes a month to see him in almost ever case then lately they are under staffed and over booked so I have to leave without seeing him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I have seen Dr Rankin for 23yrs.He is the best Dr you will ever find in Florida!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Office staff is negligent nurse forgetting to send urine culture out to be cultured for infection, so basically paid and went for nothing. Had to suffer without medication waiting for results that were never sent out. Finally went to my gynecologist for the same test to get medication.

Submitted February 5, 2015

I have a rare condition and have seen specialists at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester for years. I moved to DeLand three and a half years ago and found Dr. Rankin for my local physician. He is the first doctor to put an amazing amount of effort into easing my suffering and explaining what is happening in my body. He is consistently kind, positive and compassionate. Because of his excellent care, I am better than I have been in years.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr Rankin is a good Dr when you can get through the awful office staff if you want good care go somewhere else I have gone to this office for a very Long time but in the last few years it is very difficult to get the care I deserve

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

The staff are miserable to endure! Dr. Rankin is a wonderful and intelligent doctor! The PA's are great too, but the staff are giving this place a bad reputation. Hope Dr. Rankin figures it out soon!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

A very bad experience. The staff and the doctors did not care at all.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Our entire family relies on Dr. Rankin for there healthcare needs. He is a great, caring doctor that is a good friend as well. The Meyer family.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

Dr. Rankin is incredible! He is very patient and looks at the entire situation before making a diagnosis. Instead of having you come in all the time for adjustments that you don't need he approaches things conservatively and professionally. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2007

Dr. Bruce G. Rankin's Credentials

• Southeastern College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal