Ratings for Dr. Betsy M. Winga

I found Dr. Winga to be very pleasant and easy to talk to, however, there is a problem with follow-up. At one of my visits, she said she would set me up with someone who would help me with pelvic floor exercises and she didn't. At another apppointment, she orderd a urine culture after I mentioned blood in my urine. I waited 3 weeks for the results and finally called her office. Her nurse consulted Dr. Winga and called me back and apologized profusely for not getting back to me and thanked me for following up as I did have a UTI. No recommendation was made to me to have a follow-up urine culture at my appointment or on the phone when I did follow-up, so I had to call back AGAIN to see if it was needed and it was. As pleasant as Dr. Winga is, I hesitate to go back because there seems to be ongoing issues with her and her staff with appropriate follow-up care.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Winga is very friendly and takes her time with her patients, however, I have had a couple of experiences in which she diagnosed me wrong and once prescribed a medication based on some labs that she misinterpreted. Luckily, I have had this disease for years, so I pointed out the error before filling the prescription. It could have had serious consequences. Also, her nurse Jenny comes off as not very intelligent, uninformed about my situation, and really doesn't care that she is. She seems too busy to hear any questions and tries to answer things on her own without consulting Dr. Winga. Not a fan of hers at all! I will be seeking a different OBGYN, as I feel I can no longer put 100% faith and trust in Dr. Winga or her nurse anymore. I have been her patient for years, so this makes me sad, but I need to feel confident in the person in whom I place my health and possibly my life.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Dr. Winga herself is very friendly, but her nurse (Jenny) is not very compassionate nor personable. If calling you will not ever get Dr. Winga, so you have to deal a lot of Jenny. She is a bit rude/short with you and acts too busy for the phone call.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Fabulous doctor. Wonderful during my entire pregnancy and delivery.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Practices with the knowledge of a generalist and was nice but is obviously limited in her treatment options.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

Not the most outgoing doctor but she knows what she's doing and is friendly. Used her through my first pregnancy and plan to use again for future pregnancies. Her nurses are always very friendly and helpful but I have noticed that she often runs about 10-15 minutes late. She was great during the delivery process and made me feel informed and made the overall experience much easier.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Betsy M. Winga's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

GHI