Ratings for Dr. Mirela Sturzu

I am formally protesting this extraneous charge by the Urgent Care office on 3/11/2015. The 'physician' did not even touch me. She looked at my reason for coming to the clinic and immediately stated that 'there was nothing the clinic could do' and asked me if I had someone to take me to the ER or should she call an ambulance. That was the entire conversation. If you ask the clinic for their security camera footage, you could document that I was in the office for less than 20 minutes and sat in the waiting room for 15 minutes of the total 20 minutes. How does this consitute a 'long visit' (as billed to UHC) and I paid the $200 ER fee an hour later at the hospital. This should not have been billed, especially not a 'long visit' at 314.00. HUH? I then called Aurora Healthcare and they said that it was billed as the physician coded it and there was no recourse. Please review this double billing at an outrageous amount for doing absolutely not a thing but ask if I needed an ambulance to take me to ER. This is definitely fraudulent and I refuse to pay the overcharge. What a scam. A copy of this has been sent to our state insurance fraud department. I wonder how many other times this physician has attempted to rip off other members.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015