Ratings for Dr. John J. Stapleton

Went for a ankle problem , spent very little time with me . put me in a boot that wasn't fitted properly that caused a cut on my foot, he said I caused it ! To top it off when I went back in a week for the cut he charged me a full office visit ! Find someone else !!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Stapleton is a great Dr with knowledge of his field. I recommend him to everyone

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Rude doesn't even describe this guy. I actually walked out in the middle of my consultation. Where I had injured my foot moving furniture and now needed the assistance of a cane to walk due to tarsal tunnel, he told me I brought all of my problems on because I smoke. He also yelled that I had been to numerous other doctors and now I "come to him and expect him to fix everything". I didn't even stop at the desk to pay on my way out, but they had the nerve to bill me after being seen for only 5 minutes and was treated like dirt the entire time. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He is a horrible rude nasty little man.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Don't bother going to this guy if you have any standards for how you are treated. He spent less than a minute in the from, gave no diagnosis, and referred my issue back to a GP who told me to go to ortho! Useless. Can't wait to see what he claims for my insurance because billing for it at all would be fraudulent, as he did not meet the minimum standard for any type of billable office visit.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had a bone infection from a previous operation with a different doctor. That doctor wanted to amputate my foot above the ankle. I drove almost 200 miles to see Dr Stapleton and he said no way he would fuse my ankle after a strong regiment of anti-biotics. He did so and I am now almost back to 100%. There are some things I have trouble doing but I can do a lot more than I would be able to do if I would of had it amputated.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

After waiting for 50 minutes past my appointment time (my appt was one hour after his first appt for the day so that was odd) not only was no apology for such a long wait offered, but he spent so little time with me I was shocked. This was my first and only appt with him as I will find someone else if I need further care. He diagnosed me with plantar fasciitis but gave me no info on this problem. He seemed in a hurry and had no interest in answering questions. He gave me an injection but even with that he spent less than ten minutes with me. I guess his interest is with traumas and reconstruction. If you don't have that, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I found Dr. Stapleton to be rude and dismissive. I had a very positive experience the first time I went (Dr. Berger) for an unrelated issue. I went back because my experience at this facility was wonderful. Had I seen Dr. Stapleton the first time, I don't think I'd ever go back. No bedside manner at all; I realize that's not the most important...but some discussion about my condition and X rays would have been informative; regardless of what my diagnosis was. I'd never see him again.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I shattered my ankle and after 2 surgeries I am back to most activities. I got a second opinion from hospital for special surgery in NY because i had trouble doing labor work and Dr. Stapleton said there is nothing more that can be done. The NY doctor said that I was lucky to be walking and it is one of the best reductions he has seen for a fracture like this. Overall i was lucky and satisfied with my care and the trauma service at the hospital that accepted my care from another hospital. If you have a bad ankle injury this is the doctor you need to see.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

i had a collapsed arch that was fixed. i was able to go back to work with no pain.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. John J. Stapleton's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Pacificare