You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James E. Strauss

I had wisdom teeth extracted many years ago by this doctor and he was amazing. He had also recently treated my husband in an emergency situation and he's still amazing.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I saw Dr Jim Strauss on an emergency basis. The visit was set up by my family dentist because I had an extremely bad toothache in a tooth that was already "at risk". Dr Strauss got me in his office the next afternoon and took his time explaining what the process was going to be like and how it was going to go after. He extracted two molar teeth on the left side of my mouth (up and down) and put in an implant on my right lower. I have no idea what he did technically and I was sedated during the process. Upon awakening I made a steady , relatively painless recovery with the exception of some bleeding from my bottom left. I take coumadin and some times have problems with bleeding and this apparently caused my problem. His office handled the contacts with the insurance company. I was as pleased as I could be with the whole experience. I was impressed with his professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Jim Strauss for several years. He has successfully gotten me through 8 implants. While most were done without incident, there were a couple that were a bit more challenging, requiring a bone graph, etc. More recently I had to have 2 front teeth (old root canals gone bad) replaced with implants. This has been by far the most challenging, having issues that led to needing both a bone graph and a soft tissue graph as well. Dr. Jim Strauss is and has always been since the first time I went to him, very professional, extremely knowledgeable, kind, comforting, encouraging and caring. Being treated by Dr. Jim Strauss, I feel I am being treated by the best! I highly recommend Dr. James Strauss without hesitation! As far as his staff, they are all wonderful, caring people as well! They all deserve much more than a 5 star rating! Thank you to Dr. Jim Strauss and his amazing staff!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

You are in the right hands with Dr. Jim Strauss. He is very professional and reassuring. His staff is very nice. The office is very clean. Over the course of 15 years, Dr. Jim Strauss has extracted all of my wisdom teeth and has put in place 2 dental implants.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. Jimmy did a great job extracting my wisdom teeth. At the consultation, he was very understanding of my needle/ doctor phobia and worked with me to prescribe Xanax for pre-procedure. When I got to the office there was a very short wait until I was in the room, and he was very calm and helpful as he inserted the IV, keeping me talking and comfortable to distract me. Less then 24 hrs later, I'm comfortable with the use of the pain medication, walking around and eating soft food. I strongly recommend Dr. Strauss.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I had surgery today with dr. James strauss. He went above and beyond. His staff were also amazing. They treated me incredibly well and all welcomed me with a smile and a positive attitude.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

staff is courteous, friendly, professional, and competent.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I felt that every question was answered and the staff is courteous, friendly, professional, and competent. Every measure was taken to insure a positive outcome and my comfort and ease. Dr. Strauss called me to see how I was doing and assured me that I could call anytime if I needed help. I have used this practice for my entire family. My most recent visit was on Jan. 20/2015.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

He treated me like I was money, and not an actual person/patient. I had a lot of pain post surgery and he would not do anything to help because he had already gotten his $2000. His attitude shows he is not in the business for repeat customers.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. James E. Strauss's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Florida College Of Dentistry (Grad. 1992)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had wisdom teeth extracted many years ago by this doctor and he was amazing. He had also recently treated my husband in an emergency situation and he's still ..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Jim Strauss on an emergency basis. The visit was set up by my family dentist because I had an extremely bad toothache in a tooth that was already "at ..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Jim Strauss for several years. He has successfully gotten me through 8 implants. While most were done without incident, there were..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "You are in the right hands with Dr. Jim Strauss. He is very professional and reassuring. His staff is very nice. The office is very clean. Over the course o..."

September 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jimmy did a great job extracting my wisdom teeth. At the consultation, he was very understanding of my needle/ doctor phobia and worked with me to prescribe..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery today with dr. James strauss. He went above and beyond. His staff were also amazing. They treated me incredibly well and all welcomed me with a s..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jim went above and beyond what was usual! The staff was friendly helpful and knowledgeable."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "staff is courteous, friendly, professional, and competent."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I felt that every question was answered and the staff is courteous, friendly, professional, and competent. Every measure was taken to insure a positive outcome ..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "He treated me like I was money, and not an actual person/patient. I had a lot of pain post surgery and he would not do anything to help because he had already g..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Strauss is an excellent surgeon! He took out an upper back tooth, placed an implant & did a sinus lift. I was very nervous & this took a few months to acco..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst Dr ever I will never recomnd anyone to go here I had my wisdom teeth taken out a year ago and still in horrible pain gone back several times and he said h..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very professional. I had implant surgery and they were wonderful. They are a five star team."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From initial visit to discuss procedure (bridge verses implant) to actual process (implant) the entire staff (front office to back staff and intern shading, and..."

September 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Strauss and his staff were very friendly and helpful. I called at 8:10am to make and appointment and I was seen at 9am. Dr. Strauss extracted my partial bot..."

September 3, 2014