Ratings for Dr. Syam S. Vemulapalli

Dr. Vemulapalli has seen my sister and done two colonoscopys within the last 3 years. During this time she was having horrible diarrhea for months at a time, 3 years ago he said she was fine and told her to take Imodium. Recently she has been so sick with diarrhea and vomiting for 3 months straight, he finally made a diagnosis and prescribed Uceris. Because she is on Medicare, it will not pay and the prescription is $1,000.00 per month and she would need to take it for 3 months. My sister is a widow, living on social security, she went back to Dr. Vemulapalli and asked for another medicine that wouldn’t cost as much and he refused and told her that Uceris was what he wanted her to take, if she refused then she could take Imodium again. We know there is another medicine he could have prescribed but he choose not to, so she is still very sick has lost about 15 pounds in last 3 months.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Referred by pcp. After looking at my CT, Dr. V. said I needed an endoscopy. He didn't bother to explain the procedure; simply directed me to the paying window. He may or may not be the best; I will never know because bedside manners count with me. I will not go back to him again.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015