Ratings for Dr. Thomas Nipper

I would go see another surgeon This Doctor if you call in a DOCTOR is unethical he works for an insurance company in N.Y. HE WILL LIE AND GIVE FALSE REPORTS ON YOUR INJURY

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr. Nipper does insurance company peer review without reviewing all data. He says reports were not done conservative treatment were not done when all the tests were done and reviewed by two peers who both agreed on the same surgery based on a citing from a journal without giving complete citing information. He ignored that I had herniated discs from c7 up to c3 bases on recent mri and talks about other types of surgery that have been known to fail and cause syndromes and unrelieved pain. I think the insurance company needs a dr who is more thorough. He gets an f- from this teacher

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Dr. Nipper has performed 3 surgeries on my knees (All from different injuries) and I have been pleased with my treatment. When my employer argued about how long I would be on disabaility, Dr. Nipper made sure I was out for as long as needed (Which wasn't that long in all honesty). It was nice that my doctor was more concerned with how I felt, then what my employer's Nurse thought.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

I've had several operations perform by Dr. Nipper and all have been extremely successful. Follow up is very good and physical therapy is about the best that I've had anywhere. This group is an excellent group. I recently went to another doctor for knee replacement and was I ever sorry I did. Many complications...had to tell him at least 4 times something was wrong. It wasn't until I went to the Emergency Room on Christmas that he realized I wasn't kidding and we have a problem. Two months on intervenous antibiotics, back in the hospital for another week...all because my doctor didn't catch the problem when I first pointed out to him...matter of fact, my pt called him also to tell him there was a problem and I should be admitted back into the hospital. Now I know the difference between a good doctor and one that isn't so good...Dr. Nipper is good!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Anthem picked up part of this bill (I payed 135 after insurance), but the bill was $355 for a first visit. This place felt like a meat market. They won't let you see the doctor for anything but one injury. Then, they take an X-Ray before they do anything else. A nurse questions you and it felt extraordinarily uncomfortable. The worst part was the examination. I told them I had foot pain, the doctor asked me to take my sock off, touched the foot for half a second and then recommended that I get an MRI. An MRI? And he didn't even move my foot around to see what was structurally wrong with it. I was in and out in ten minutes and had a $355 bill for my effort. It was an awful experience.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Dr. Thomas Nipper's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)