Ratings for Dr. Matthew B. Smith

Fantastic Doctor! He was willing to accept a new patient (my father) who needed immediate assistance to get him back on the road to recovery. He works extremely well with elderly patients and is willing to take the time to explain what procedure and treatment plan is recommended. I can't recommend Dr. Smith enough as my father doesn't object to going to follow-up appointments as he feels Dr. Smith has helped him tremendously.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Great Doctor -- he was willing to think "outside the box" and solve a long standing issue when other doctors wouldn't take the time or didn't have the knowledge to find the problem --- Have doctored with him for 10 years -- He is truly the best and knows his area of expertise!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Smith is an excellent physician. I've been a patient of his for a few years. He is very thorough when asking questions and discussing treatment. He listens and cares. All of my symptoms have disappeared under his care. I have felt very confident referring family members to him. The office staff is very friendly and professional, as well.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

I was a patient of his for 2 years. I remember clearly the first time I met him, he shook my had and said "I'm going to make you better." Well, every time a medication didn't work or I felt worse he would yell at me, saying I was non-compliant with my treatments. He never worked with me or listened to my wishes. Would not treat me for excruciating pain. He performed 2 colonoscopies on me and I woke up during both screaming in pain. After the second colonoscopy he told my Mother (not me- a 28 year old adult) that I am to get my colon removed and was not going to give me a choice. He never discussed anything with me at all. I would call him when a medication wasn't working and he would yell at me because I was at my grandma's house instead of "in bed". I had a surgeon call my house incessantly because of him wanting to gut me like a fish. Please, if you have a chronic digestive disease find a better doctor. One who won't yell and scream at you when he doesn't know what to do.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

he will hurt you and blame it on you.stay away from him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Dr. Matthew B. Smith's Credentials

• Polish

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Pacificare