Ratings for Dr. Frank B. Norberg

I am a 68-year-old female in average physical condition. Dr. Frank Norberg performed rotator cuff repair with biceps tenodesis surgery on my right (dominant) shoulder in January 2019 at Twin Cities Orthopedics. My progress has been fantastic. He recommended wearing a restrictive sling for a month and physical therapy for several months and I followed his recommendations. Dr. Norberg followed my progress for 7 months. My constant pain is gone, and I can use the arm normally. Dr. Norberg is not only an excellent surgeon, but he is very thorough with his follow through. He was friendly, encouraging and easy to talk to. He answered most of my questions before I even asked them but was happy to address any other questions I had. I would highly recommend Dr. Norberg and his staff. I am completely satisfied with the results.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Dr. Frank B. Norberg

Dr. Frank B. Norberg's response
Hello, thank you for the kind review. We and Dr. Norberg really appreciate it, and are glad you had a great experience! –TCO

Submitted August 19, 2019

Dr. Norberg was able to identify my undiagnosed shoulder condition through visual inspection and hands-on exercises. This was kind of remarkable since I was focusing on an issue with my other shoulder at the time. An MRI confirmed a major tear in the undiagnosed shoulder that needed immediate attention. Dr. Norberg went through the options with me and recommended a course of action. The surgery went very well with very little pain and the initial recovery (functional movement) was short. After the surgery Dr. Norberg went through the surgery pictures with me in detail to make sure I understood everything that was done to my shoulder. After 6 months of PT my shoulder is back to normal with full range of motion and only a minor amount of strength loss. I would definitely recommend Dr. Norberg to anyone looking for a shoulder specialist and I will choose him again if I have any future shoulder issues.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2019

Everyone treated me like I was the most important person!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

I had a "massive tear" of my rotator cuff. Dr. Norberg was able to repair it with great success. My wife looked for a shoulder specialist and I'm glad she did! A year after my surgery, I am able to use my arm as before with only a very, very small decrease in strength before my injury. My range of motion is excellent. My pain is non-existent.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Shoulder surgery six months ago and almost normal now.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Dr. Norberg was recommended to me by a friend who had shoulder surgery performed by the Dr. I had a total reverse shoulder replacement performed by the Dr. and I couldn't be happier with the results. While this surgery could have been a scary situation, the Dr. put me at ease from the very first appointment. After reviewing the MRI's, we knew this would be a complex shoulder replacement, and it was. The length of surgery was significantly longer than the normal, and I believe that was because it was complex, but more importantly the Dr. wanted to do an extraordinary repair on my shoulder. And he did just that! After diligently adhering to the prescribed therapy, the usage of the shoulder is at 98+ percent, with 100% usage being the shoulder I was born with! I credit the Dr. for the application of his knowledge and skill to achieve excellent results in a very complex surgery. In my view he is THE BEST. In addition to being an excellent surgeon, his other skills as a Dr. are exemplary and top of the chart. His support staff are also excellent, helpful, and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

December 2017 surgery on my (80 year old female) right (primary) shoulder. Badly torn right shoulder resulted in a total shoulder replacement. Dr. Norberg was professional, he put me at ease, and the results were so spectacular that I had almost no pain and walked out of the hospital after 1 night without using any pain medication. I followed their range of motion post op instructions and fully recovered in just over a month. His office staff were outstanding and great to work with on all interactions.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

I am 79 years old and had a "'massive right shoulder rotator cuff repair" done by Dr. Norberg in 2017. I am now 9 months post-op and am doing well. I was not content to be at 50% after a preop trial of therapy as I could not sleep on that side or do many fun things due to discomfort and function. It was completely my choice to have surgery. Now I can enjoy pain free all activities , have great motion , and more strength every day! Dr. Norberg is not only a great surgeon but also a most comfortable person to talk to: he listens and gives good explanations. His office staff are also very respectful and pleasant. I am very pleased.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Dr Norberg found my problem on the MRI that was missed by another Dr. He said he could fix it and he DID! My pain is gone and I can use my shoulder again. I am very pleased!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Dr. Norberg is an excellent shoulder surgeon. He replaced my left shoulder which had been hurting me so much that I could hardly move it. After a week or so of normal post-surgical pain, I was sleeping in my own bed again (not in a recliner) and driving and leading a normal life with physical therapy to stretch and strengthen the joint. He takes good care of his patients. I certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Dr. Frank B. Norberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Frank B. Norberg, MD, is a sports medicine fellowship-trained surgeon, specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery and arthroscopy.

• English

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Coventry Healthcare