Ratings for Dr. Malathi V. Ellis

Dr. Malathi Ellis is a nice lady but the people who work in that office are very unprofessional. I went for my annual in November 2017 and at the time they were switching between systems and so I was not able to view my results online. I have tried calling on several occasions and no one answers their phones. I have left vmail and they did try to return my call but if I am at work ofcourse I am unable to answer my phone. BUT, why is it that a doctors office calls are never answered. Totally mind buffling. Never going back.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I have been with Dr. Ellis for over 7 years now (through two pregnancies, annual visits etc. ) and she's an excellent doctor. She's very knowledgeable and always spends time answering any and all questions. her front office staff are super courteous. However, her gatekeepers ( aka nurse practitioners) try to diagnose your issues by themselves without bringing it to the doctor's attention and everything goes haywire there. so try to get to the doctor directly if you have any questions. the portal while helpful results in some ad-hoc responses from her staff which you could get if you google!!! so please try getting to the doctor herself when you have any issues .. she's good.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr Ellis is a great doctor. She is easy to talk to, understanding, and very passionate about her work. I have seen Dr Ellis for 2 years without any issues. I would recommend her to anyone. She is always on time. Her wait time is minimal. Her staff is always friendly and helpful. I am very pleased with the services I have received here.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Ellis is the best Doctor i can say undoubdly. She have a very good knowledge and answer the questions with paitents. Since i moved from Dallas to another location and now am expecting a second baby. Am not finding Perfect OB like Dr. Ellis. I Will Highly Recommand Dr. Ellis.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have seen Dr. Ellis for years and I would not change her for any other doctor. I love her nurse and have never had a bad experience in her office. My husband and I plan on having a baby soon and I am at peace knowing that I will have the best doctor by my side during this time. I recommend everyone that I know to her. She moved from Farmer's Branch to Las Colinas and I followed her. Her and her nurse always return my VM on a very timley manner. Dr. Ellis is always on time and NEVER rushes me out of the office. She and her nurse treat me like family always remember me and treat me on a very personal and professional level. Look forward to my second pregnancy and being treated by Dr. Ellis and Lucy. :)

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

Dr. Ellis is amazing. When you are going through pregnancy and labor you want a friendly understanding Dr. She always has a smile on her face and knows her stuff. My husband is SUPER picky about any Dr that may be dealing with myself or his kids and would recommend her anyday. You may wait to be seen, but I would be caution about any OB that you could get in with at any time and be seen right away. I want the in demand ones.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Good doctor. Saw her for almost a year. She has always answered all my questions and i never had any issues with her diagnosis or care. However, the staff take ages to check you in even when you are an existing patient!!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Beware of this Doctor!!!! I had endometriosis and Dr. Ellis did my laproscopy surgery. she gave us a surprise in the hospital about the possibility of removing the ovary. She never discussed this before surgery and we were very scared. I still suffer the pain from the surgery and then realized that I am with the worst doctor. Also her nurse is high unorganized and forget s the tests and prescriptions. I didn't read the reviews before I went to her and I am repenting for that. I found out from 2 other patients that they had bad experience too. Sometimes she runs by 2 hrs late and they inform before coming. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO STAY AWAY. Please save yourself.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I am Dr. Ellis and wanted to respond to the above comment. I am bound by laws of confidentiality and so I can not comment on any specifics of the above patient's care. However, I would like to note that in obstetrics, sometimes patients require c-sections, some patients can delivery vaginally, some patients have bleeding and some patients have worse complications. I always do my best to give detailed explanations to my patients. I am successful at delivering 95% of my own patients. I work with my patients to attempt vaginal delivery after cesarean section. I also provide my patients with a way to email my nurse with questions, the ability to book appointments online after hours, and I put a lot of personal pride in caring for my patients and their babies. I am very sorry that the above patient was not happy with her outcome, but most of my patients do not have the same complaints.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Malathi V. Ellis's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

GHI