Ratings for Dr. John L. Zinkel

Dr Zinkel is an excellent doctor. He really cares about his patients. His staff is very helpful and courteous.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

After 2 surgeries and now need a cane to walk. He tells me there is no more he can do. Yes there is he could do another and put me in a wheel chair.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

He is a crook. Turned me into a cripple. Will not see me after two botched attempts. Maybe a new job as a butcher might be a good choice for him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Two surgeries in 8 months. I am in no better condition than when I started. Dr. Zinkle states there is nothing wrong with my back, but he will not put it writing. The only thing bigger than his bank account is his ego.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I was 15 years ago suffered 8 months with back pain. Went to see dr. Zinkle . Told me my only option to feel better is to have this surgery to remove the disc fragment that went down my spinal column n remove remaining damaged disc. I was in surgery for 45 minutes and when I woke up the next morning it was instant relief.. I was out running playing flag football three week after. With his key hole cuts you can't even see where he went in . So God ForbidIIf I Ever Have To Have More Surgery dr. Zinkle is the only man I'll see.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I was impressed with his credentials. I was not impressed with his listening skills, he did not want to hear what I was telling him; he'd interrupt and go on with his hypothesis. I say hypothesis because I told him the MRI was old, and my symptoms are now not only what was in the MRI, that several other issues were going on. My words fell on his deaf ears. His explanation made some sense for a few of my issues, but not as a whole conclusion. There's no doubt his diagnosis is not 100% correct.. I wouldn't say he was particularly rude, besides his extreme tardiness. I'd describe him as , he knows it all and your data is insignificant to him. He cut me off when I was explaining and fired questions so fast, I'm not even sure if I answered him in a way he understood the severity of what I been suffering with 24/7 for almost a year. His medication suggestion , well, I already have been taking and apparently it is not the soultion or I wouldn't be sitting in front of him. He ordered no other test, his exam was no differnt than a low grade pre-employment clinic exam. I left there in tears of frustration. Back to square one. I however, will continue to find a soultion to my issues if it takes flying out to the Mayo clinic or the best in the country. I am too young to live in relentless, chronic pain. Because of a Doctor with an over inflated ego, and a superiority complex. My advice is do your research on all your doctors before finding out the hard way. Good luck!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Saw Doctor Zinkel in 1996 and 1997 for cervical spinal decompression. I thought that at that time, he was the greatest, since he performed the decompression surgery successfully (C3 through C7). Saw him again for a laminectomy without fusion but with "exploration" of the lumbar spine because of stenosis of the lumbar spine and he made matters much worse.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Zinkel was rude and too hurried. He's a very poor listener and even worse at explaining procedures. He is a reasonably skilled surgeon but disrespectful. After my surgery, my husband waited for almost 12 hours and Dr. Zinkel never came out to tell him how the surgery had gone, or how I was. Questions were met with impatience bordering on anger and follow up was was cursory.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

My interaction with Dr. Zinkel was the worst I’ve ever had with a physician. He was so entirely off base with his diagnoses that I am amazed he has made it this far. He is rude, short and insulting. If you take the chance and utilize his services, I will suggest you NEVER disagree with him. You will be dismissed.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Dr. Zinkel botched my grandma's back surgery and her life was a living hell for the remainder of her time on Earth. He swindled her, caused irrevocable nerve damage and lied to her for 2 years so she couldn't sue. I find him entirely responsible for the death of my grandmother. I hope you burn in hell.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Dr. John L. Zinkel's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)