Ratings for Dr. Daniel L. Regan

First off, I must say that I dont' know if I have the correct Dr. Regan. There is a physician by that name who works frequently at the walk-in clinic on Atwood Avenue. I only know him as "Dr. Regan." He has never shared his first name with me. He is an older man (50's-60's) has white hair, is tall, etc. If this is indeed Daniel L. Regan, then I have plenty of say. He needs to retire, imo. His hearing his terrible and he doesn't bother to ask you to repeat things he didn't hear clearly. I've been treated by him many times, and imo, the quality of his work has plummeted in the last decade. His minor surgical skills, in my opinion, have decreased considerably, and it seems to me as if he practices medicine on "auto-pilot." Doesn't even take time to think your symptoms through. I once saw him because I as having excruciating pain in my chest. It happened during church one Sunday, and as soon as services were over, I raced to Atwood Treatment Center. Dr. Regan took LITERALLY less than 5 minutes to examine me and pronounced the pain was from acid reflux. I knew instinctively he had arrived at a faulty diagnosis. He handed me a script for Prilosec, which I promptly threw out and drove myself to Miriam Hospital. I was admitted there for 3 days, during which time it was discovered I have a narrowing of the esophageal tract and was suffering from spasms. To whomever ever is reading this: if you have never experienced the pain of esophagitis, be thankful. Calling it "uncomfortable" is a gross understatement. I've had 4 kids, all natural childbirth, and never have I felt paroxysms this bad. During an attack, I cannot stand up, breathe or even talk. I've been told it is genetic, since one of my parents suffers from the same thing. I dearly wish Dr. Regan had taken the time to thoroughly examine me, order tests, refer me to another doctor, ANYTHING except the 3 minutes he spent with me, after which he told me "you're just having a little heartburn." He may have well been a perfectly adequate physician when he was younger, but in my opinion, it is time for him to retire before he misdiagnoses something much more serious and possibly harms someone.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Daniel L. Regan's Credentials

• Univ Cetec, Sch Of Med, Santo Domingo, Dom Rep (Closed 1984) (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Johnston, RI