Ratings for Dr. Christopher Mcilwain

I had strep for 5 months. He wouldn't run a strep test. It cost about $10,000 to treat a strep throat-I went to ERs, Urgent Cares, and, of course, they referred me back to him. I'm being scheduled for surgery to help care for one of the problems that strep created. He's hard headed- doesn't listen. he can be a good doctor- but I seldom dealt with that part of him.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I don't know what dr. Mcilwain's medical abilities are but as an administrator or a caring human being he is a zero. My mother died on March 7. Today is April 2. He has not completed the death certificate and won't respond to inquiries. He has been called multiple times by me, the medical examiner and the funeral home. I did get one call back from a clerk who told me an out and out lie. As anybody who has lost a loved one knows, everything hinges on the death certificate. Paperwork is an important part of being a healthcare provider.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

Dr McIlwain is the primary doctor for me, my wife, and my 15 year old son. We all have unique requirements and he meets all of our needs. We have all found that he listens carefully and takes his time to understand what our issues are. He considers alternative approaches and is not triggered to just write a bunch of prescriptions, hoping one of them will work. He is also quick to refer to a specialist, when he knows one is needed. I am very pleased with Dr McIlwain and hope he remains my family doctor for many more years.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Mcilwain was rude to me. He riduculed me and was very insensitive to my circumstances. He actually said that another doctor would "laugh me out of his office" among other rude comments. He refused to schedule 2 simple tests that a specialist had recomended. His bedside manner is possibly the worst I have ever encountered. Two visits to this doctor were two too many. I would never return to this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

I have spent years searching for a Doctor that truly cares about their patients. All of the doctors I have gone to have never had a personal connection with me and treated me like a sheep. In and out, in and out. Chris actually takes the time to listen to your needs and make extremely knowledgeable suggestions to treat your issues. He is right on the money and has seriously improved my quality of life. I am privaliged to have him as my doctor. He is not accepting new patients, but when he is I would suggest anyone looking for a doctor to make an effort to see Chris. Its a completely different experience than anyone will ever be used to. Its like having your own personal doctor less the house visits.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

He got my thyroid under control. I was injured when attacked by dogs and am allergic to bandaids, neosporin, etc. He's the 1st Dr. to find a way 2 cure wounds and treat the allergy. He understands thyroid, RSD, and IBS. I recently had trouble with nausea, he came up with a med regime that greatly reduced nausea, without making me sleepy-dopey-etc. It was related to my GERD-so he treated it as a GERD problem. If that hadn't worked, he had another idea for treating the problem. He's used to being an ER doctor and they have a style of their own. He's gone out of the way to procure unusual meds. I'm allergic to most pain killers and it makes it hard. Lidocaine patches aren't that easy to get, but he found a way to work within the system and help me when I had back spasms.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012