Ratings for Dr. Carl W. Childress

My wife went in for an eye exam and we were told she needed bifocals. Well we arent the Drs so we went with what was offered, but we questioned it and we were made to feel like we are stupid. We also had to pay a arm and leg. My wife was sick for days following the appointment and Dr. Childress said it was normal. His wife, was rude and disrespectful when we had questions. Operating under the christian banner, I figured she would have more compassion for people. NOPE She puts on a good front. After I took her for more eye exams the other optometrists could not believe what they were hearing. Needless to say we lost out on money and had to deal with the rude wife.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I took my son to Dr.Childress and was very pleased with the exam. He was very helpful with explaining everything to me. Would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

VT is good got great results but, after awhile they are tring to make a living

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Be prepared to get diagnosed with a vision disorder that is going to cost you dearly in time and in money. The cost of the vision therapy drained me financially and emotionally. AT the end of it all, I was told my daughter needed MORE treatment, another $1000+. To this date, she has glasses that make her "sick to her stomach" and she only uses them to see the board at school. We are in the process of getting another optometrist who can correct her vision with contact lenses which was our original intention. I bumped into another Childress patient at the car dealership..her eyes were red, and weepy. She told me that Dr. Carl had fitted her with contact lenses and told her this was normal. I felt so sorry for her, and yes, like us, she had already spent quite alot of money. No doubt, vision therapy works, but, at what cost? Mrs. Childress, nice before I paid, but, not later.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

Wasn't diagnosed propperly until about halfway through my eye therapy when he mapped out my eyes and figured out I had carticonus. Displeased but Dr.Childress has helped me in other aspects.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Dr. Childress and his staff were friendly, professional and he took the time to answer all my questions. He and his staff were very efficient. He discussed my eye care needs in a clear and information fashion. I appreciated the meticulous and thorough manner in which he performed my eye exam.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010