Ratings for Dr. Susan L. Ashley

After years of going to Dr Ashley, she has fallen behind in her treatments. She asks over and over what you are in for, takes tests that are not needed, nor covered by insurance. She has moved her practice 4 times in the past 5 years. Her staff turnover is so bad that they are behind on files and billing. She no longer cares to give good service.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

I've been in to see Dr. Ashley for a thyroid condition and connecting symptoms a few times now, but after giving her a fair shot decided to keep looking for another doctor. In the end I didn't feel like she was focused on the root cause, instead it felt like she was out to supplement her income by selling other costly products that did no good.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

At 52 I have been to a lot of doctors. Dr Ashley is very refreshing, I felt very cared for. Her knowledge and her desire to get to what the cause is was very aggressive. Not in attitude but in a desire to help. My husband and friends now see her also.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

First went to the nurse practitioner really like her. After 4th visit saw Dr. Ashley she seemed really nice have no issues with her. I had difficulties with my thyroid meds and they worked with me to get that on track. Glad to find someone who is not gung ho on pushing pills.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

After being at Rockwood which treated me like just a number, it was refreshing to be in such a small office where they actually seem to care. Dr Ashley spent 30 mins with me and had a number of ideas to help my chronic fatigue that other doctors never mentioned. She's an expert in thyroid and also checks the adrenals. With the supplements to fix my adrenals, and a change in my thyroid medicine, I feel 100% better and am so grateful. I'm going to have my kids see her next. She also doesn't use a lot of drugs which I like. Recommend highly.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Great doctor!Has many different tx modalities that she offers to get to the root cause of your problem. Not a pill pusher. Today saw my kids for the 1st time & spend an hour with them! Always on time. Polite, friendly, smiling, joked with the kids. My teenage children loved her. I've seen her 3 times in 2 weeks and the office has always been on time, courteous, friendly. Dr. Ashley has gone above and beyond what most offer. I do remember years ago thinking (like some of the other comments) hmmmm, is she having a bad day? since she wasn't very friendly. Over the years I've taken the time to get to know her and show an interest in her and she is completely a different person once you get to know her. Don't judge her based on one bad experience. Had I done that I would've never come back and quite frankly I would've sincerely regretted it. She has provided outstanding care for myself and my family. We're completely done with VYPC and are happy to take our kids to see Susan. Thanks SUSAN!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

She was quite indifferent and disinterested in my health issues. I had an impression she wanted to get rid of me as soon as possible. Very strict about not discussing a few health issues during one visit. As it was mentioned in one of the reviews she was cold and robot-like. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

I think Dr. Ashley is one of the best M.D.s I have ever been to. She is more interested in health and underlying causes than just covering up a symptom with medication. I really had a good experience with her treatment and would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Have been seeing ashley for two years and have found that she is becoming very disinterested in my problems and have a lot of diffulty getting refills either because she's gone or on vacation and apparently she's the only one in the office capable of this CHORE!!?? She doesn't care about anything except your copay

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Was referred by a friend, have only heard good things. Very impressed with Dr Ashley's knowledge and skills. I have fibromyalgia and have seen numerous doctors who do nothing. She was the only one who took an interest and was able to treat the problems. I now have energy and no longer hurt! Her staff was prompt and caring. Would recommend highly.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Susan L. Ashley's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Illinois