Ratings for Dr. Mabel Lopez

Make sure you have the insurance that she excepts otherwise you will pay out of pocket and if you submit to your own insurance it could be awhile if you are reimbursed through your insurance. She doesn't accept BC/BS. I saw her in Dec. 2017, submitted paperwork to BC/BS and on the form that her staff gave me to send in they had check off that the money come to them first and not me. I have been back and forth with the billing person to see if and when I might get my payment from BC/BS if I do!? I spent very little time with Dr. Lopez and then she had me see another psychologist who gave me a battery of tests and some she had to read the instructions or leave the room to find out how to administer the test. I wouldn't go back. The sad thing is there are few of the qualifications she holds and from what I'm reading on other ratings the picking is very slim.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Excellent patient care. Mind and Brain Care is a beautiful facility with caring and knowledgeable team.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

She shouldn't be a doctor. She walks around pompous and full of it. Needs to see a psychologist herself. Staff on the other hand was very pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

Having our answers to observations of memory problems called "complaints" and the response, "I'm not going to include that complaint because all men have that problem" was definitely not professional. She also gave us hope after the testing results that was totally dismissed by our neurologist at our follow up visit.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

I was very impressed and confident with the overall care that I received. I would recommend Dr Lopez.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Horrible visit with Dr.Lopez. Seems like a joke to even say doctor. She was late and didnt seem to give**** about any of my questions or concerns. She seems like shes the one that needs to be treated honestly. Do yourself a favor and avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Like the other reviews Dr. Lopez was also late for my appointment, about 30 min; and there was no one else there waiting before or after my appt. I had many questions, as I'm sure most people do however she seemed uninterested, I felt as though I was being pushed out the door and there was no one else in the waiting room. Only after my visit did I find out in passing from a friend who is also in the field she is a bit of a 'whack-job' herself (his words not mine) she isn't well regarded personally or professionally, wish I had known that before I made the appointment. I wouldn't recommend them.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Dr. Lopez was late (25 minutes) and this was my third attempt to see her, being rescheduled by her assistant two times before. Her staff was very apologetic, and I feel bed for them, it was not their fault, but I will advise my primary doctor how rude and unprofessional Dr. Lopez was. Will never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

A horrific experience, my first appointment was canceled by Dr Lopez the day of and my second appointment she was over an hour late. Her staff was rude and inappropriate, actually seemed like she was some temp and had no idea what she was doing. I went back to my neurologist to review Dr lopez's results, and he said I would have to go see someone else because her evaluation was clearly faulty. Im amazed because she was so highly recommended, but after I read other reviews it seems like I wasnt the only one.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011