Ratings for Dr. Caryl G. Mussenden

I started seeing Dr. Mussenden when I needed a second opinion for fibroids about 10yrs ago. My Dr. at the time wanted to do major surgery to remove them (as other Drs. I've seen). From the time we talked about my options (I like a Dr. who gives options and let me decide), I knew I had the right Dr. She suggested the same person/place I had already researched. This meant that she wouldn't get paid for a surgery that costs about $20-30,000. Of course, she no longer takes my insurance, but an awesome Dr. is worth her weight in Gold. If I can spend money or everything else in the world, I can invest in my health/body, you only get one (one original body). I continue to see her and consult with her because I trust her with my life (literally). I can't put a price on optimal health and advice that's best for my well-being, not what benefits the Dr. I love, love, love her and I won't stop seeing her unless she retires and then I'll need to hire her as a consultant :)

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Its an absolute shame that Dr. Mussenden no longer takes major insurance such as BC/BS or United. Like someone else mentioned, It appears that she is more focused on her non-insurance practice of lipsculture, weight-loss, etc. I have gone to her for years as my regular OBGYN and it truly saddens me because she is one of the best around.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Mussenden is an excellent doctor. Educates and informs you always.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT doctor!! From the moment you walk into the office, it is a truly pleasant experience. Her husband is a weight loss specialist and they have a spa, so you are truly covered from head to toe!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Best doctor hands down! She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and caring.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

I have been a patient of doctor Mussenden's for several years. Although she is personable, I have seen an increase in focus in body sculpting services, Medi-Spa Services and hair removal. I have been misdiagnosed by her twice and yes, was pretty much told I was a liar. Her compassion for gyn services has declined. Her staff is horrible with scheduling and in communication. Unless you are having body sculpting services, I would not recommend her beyond that. Sorry...lovely personality.....not a focus physician for other services that also matter to your health.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

I have only been seeing her for a couple of years, but my original OB/GYN recommended her when she retired. So far I have no complaints, she has been quite helpful!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I went to Dr. Mussenden for an Ob/gyn appointment for my annual pap examination. I have been a patient of her's for several years and for the last 2 years I noticed that her focus is primarily on selling weight loss products, liposuction and hair removal. She is the owner of Medi-Spa services and sometimes can push as if she is an "Amway salesman" trying to push these products. I know that she has been rated as one of the area's best doctors, however, of late, she has forgotten that she is a doctor -- not saleperson. Sometimes she cares and sometimes she doesn't care about her patients health -- it looks like its all about the financial gain in weight loss products.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

The last time I saw Dr. Mussenden was in 2002 while pregnant with my second child. That was probably a mistake since of the snafu that occurred the day I delivered my first child. The Dr. did a sonogram at our 6 week visit. After getting dressed, we went to her office as requested. We sat there as she scheduled a sonogram with a sonographer telling them all she saw was "crud". After she hung up she told us why we were going. I'm to say I haven't seen her since she performed my D&C.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I can not say enough about her. She is such a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing her since 1996

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Caryl G. Mussenden's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Lanham, MD